Will you be cycling during ambulance strikes??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

postman

Legendary Member
Cycling try walking accidents,this morning whilst carrying a carrier bag and a haversack,i tripped up on some steps outside a pub,that would have been a first falling without being drunk outside a pub.

OP
OP
Jameshow

Jameshow

Veteran
just trolling then? :rolleyes:

Apologies if that's trolling!

Stirring perhaps!

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
If your workplace was paying attention and behaving responsibility they would give you the day off just in case

on full pay of course

I'm sure the chancellor will hear what has been said and start up another scheme for people to be able to stay at home rather than take the risk of going to work
especially those who use the extremely risky option of cycling - and especially if they do so without wearing a helmet and hi-vis.

anyone got the email of the Daily Fail editor - I might have a column he can print???
actually the Scum would be an idea - I think they are a columnist down at the moment

You obviously don't know what sort of company I work for

Jenkins

Legendary Member
East of England Abulance Service aren't on strike so come over to Suffolk, Essex, Norfolk, Cambridgeshire, Bedfordshire and Hertfordshire to cycle in the knowledge that you should get an ambulance in the extremely unlikely event you have an accident.

Unfotunately if you do have an accident, it's extremely unlikely that you will get an ambulance because the East of England Ambulance Service declared yet another 'Critical Incident' today https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-suffolk-64036255

East of England Abulance Service aren't on strike so come over to Suffolk, Essex, Norfolk, Cambridgeshire, Bedfordshire and Hertfordshire to cycle in the knowledge that you should get an ambulance in the extremely unlikely event you have an accident.

Unfotunately if you do have an accident, it's extremely unlikely that you will get an ambulance because the East of England Ambulance Service declared yet another 'Critical Incident' today https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-suffolk-64036255

A few months ago I was riding along the canal bank and I came across a lady and her husband on the path
the lady had been knocked over by an over enthusiastic dog and had damaged her ankle/knee - and couldn;t/wouldn;t move it at all

Clearly they had rung for an ambulance

waiting time

ELEVEN HOURS

and that was without any strikes or other problems that hit the news - just the standard weekday problems thet have been going on for years

clearly non life threatening

add in a strike and I hate to think how long someone like that would have to wait now!!!

going now before it gets too NACA

colly

Re member eR
It doesn't merit a response.

But, but........................

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
Call 1

Operator: "Ambulance service - is the patient breathing?"
Caller: "I've just got home, and I've found a seagull in my house."

Call 2

Caller: "I've had this before basically. My whole nail has come off, and it's bleeding. And they told me last time I needed to get an ambulance."

Operator: "The 999 service is extremely busy, and priority is being given to patients who are assessed as immediately at risk of dying."

Call 3

Caller: "Basically I phoned ambulance earlier on, and now I've been told to phone you again to see whether I can get help on getting home."

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Here's a diagram from 2010 showing what's likely to kill you. There were about 17,000 accidental deaths (the red splodge at about 1 o'clock on the chart. There were 96 cyclists. It might be a better better policy to sleep downstairs to reduce the risk of falls rather than stay off the bike.
1671581657210.png

Here's the link. https://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Guardian/Pix/pictures/2011/10/28/Factfile_deaths_large.png

Last edited:
Top Bottom