Will you sponsor me?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
Well I reckon that's one of the funnest things I've ever done. 106 participants this year, I can only imagine how awesome it would be to do it in really big numbers like London and Portland. People's responses were hilarious , from the woman passenger in a car stuck in traffic who had a very serious case of the hysterical giggles - to the very many po-faced misery guts who were obviously mortally offended by the sight of 100 naked bods. The route was lined at several points by coach loads of Japanese tourists with iPhones and cameras. Whi ch was weird. But for the most part we brought joy and laughter to the streets of York. It was ace. I recommend it to you all. Being naked in a public place was freaky as f*** for the first few minutes but by the time we got rolling it felt as natural as anything. It helped not to look down!

To the members of CC who donated to my appeal,

Thank you from the bottom of my heart. I didn't imagine for a moment that I'd get so much sponsorship. I'm just amazed and delighted by your generosity. Thank you so much.

And a special thank you to the most generous CCer of all, who donated time and time again. Though I don't recognize their name: Ann Onymous. Thanks Ann.

View attachment 25175

ps. My Just Giving page is open til October!
I think the faces of the two people watching the ride goes past, in that picture, says more than you can.

classic33

Leg End Member
£1,065.00 and £206.25 in Gift Aid.

classic33

Leg End Member
[QUOTE 2515793, member: 45"]Just be careful if Mick ever tries to sell a Brooks saddle on here.[/quote]I don't think he'd be willing to part with any part of the bike used on the ride now.

classic33

Leg End Member
Subject: RE: World Naked Bike Ride today, in York
[NOT PROTECTIVELY MARKED]
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2013 08:10:35 +0100

To:
Classification: NOT PROTECTIVELY MARKED

Dear Mr
Thank you for your email below, we will endeavour to pass this onto the officers involved.

Regards
Pam Hammond (5751)
Professional Standards Unit
HQ North Yorkshire Police
Newby Wiske
Tel: 101 and ask for Pam Hammond

NOT PROTECTIVELY MARKED

Sent: 21 June 2013 22:27
To: Professional Standards
Subject: World Naked Bike Ride today, in York

Was one of the 100 plus riders who took part in this event today. Just got home, however I feel that the Police Officers who were involved in the marshalling on this event, especially those who were on bikes themselves(mainly female). No comments passed with regard the ride, or those taking part in it.

They never showed any sign of disapproval or that they were not happy with it. They were a credit to the uniform and if they continue to provide the same service to the people of York, they can only pass on their behaviour to others who cycle.

I hope that you can pass this onto the officers involved, I’d no pen & paper to get their numbers with, so hopefully you will be able to pass my thanks onto them.

Shaun

Founder
Looks like you had far too much fun ... :laugh:

Well done guys and well done to everyone who helped to hit the magic four figures! :thumbsup:

Where are you on this one?
http://www.flickr.com/photos/35557179@N04/9106283037/

@Nigelnaturist, any chance of putting the picture here.
Can I post it on here.

classic33

Leg End Member
@Shaun, can he post it on here? Or will it land you in trouble?
@Nigelnaturist, if you were the one with the Viking bike, we were talking before the ride as people started arriving. Was that you who took the picture of the banner on the ground. Canon DSLR, if I remember.

Was this the one one you meant.
wnbr-1.jpg

Top Bottom