Will you sponsor me?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
You mean to say you invented yourself in the first place!
Nay, I am actually a crazy middle aged cat lady cyclist :thumbsup:
Just trying to smarten up my avatar a wee bit, introducing my new steed at the same time.
Her name is Mrs. Doubtfire, she's a Paper Bike, engaged to be married to my Boris :biggrin:

classic33

Leg End Member
Nay, I am actually a crazy middle aged cat lady cyclist :thumbsup:
Just trying to smarten up my avatar a wee bit, introducing my new steed at the same time.
Her name is Mrs. Doubtfire, she's a Paper Bike, engaged to be married to my Boris :biggrin:
Paper bike, thats taking recycling to the extreme.

OP
OP
mickle

mickle

innit
Well I reckon that's one of the funnest things I've ever done. 106 participants this year, I can only imagine how awesome it would be to do it in really big numbers like London and Portland. People's responses were hilarious , from the woman passenger in a car stuck in traffic who had a very serious case of the hysterical giggles - to the very many po-faced misery guts who were obviously mortally offended by the sight of 100 naked bods. The route was lined at several points by coach loads of Japanese tourists with iPhones and cameras. Whi ch was weird. But for the most part we brought joy and laughter to the streets of York. It was ace. I recommend it to you all. Being naked in a public place was freaky as fark for the first few minutes but by the time we got rolling it felt as natural as anything. It helped not to look down!

To the members of CC who donated to my appeal,

Thank you from the bottom of my heart. I didn't imagine for a moment that I'd get so much sponsorship. I'm just amazed and delighted by your generosity. Thank you so much.

And a special thank you to the most generous CCer of all, who donated time and time again. Though I don't recognize their name: Ann Onymous. Thanks Ann.

1043923_10201882736773903_1653123725_n.jpg

ps. My Just Giving page is open til October!

OP
OP
mickle

mickle

innit
1013827_10201882734493846_1770483947_n.jpg

GetAGrip

Still trying to look cool and not the fool HA
Well I reckon that's one of the funnest things I've ever done. 106 participants this year, I can only imagine how awesome it would be to do it in really big numbers like London and Portland. People's responses were hilarious , from the woman passenger in a car stuck in traffic who had a very serious case of the hysterical giggles - to the very many po-faced misery guts who were obviously mortally offended by the sight of 100 naked bods. The route was lined at several points by coach loads of Japanese tourists with iPhones and cameras. Whi ch was weird. But for the most part we brought joy and laughter to the streets of York. It was ace. I recommend it to you all. Being naked in a public place was freaky as f*** for the first few minutes but by the time we got rolling it felt as natural as anything. It helped not to look down!

To the members of CC who donated to my appeal,

Thank you from the bottom of my heart. I didn't imagine for a moment that I'd get so much sponsorship. I'm just amazed and delighted by your generosity. Thank you so much.

And a special thank you to the most generous CCer of all, who donated time and time again. Though I don't recognize their name: Ann Onymous. Thanks Ann.

View attachment 25175

ps. My Just Giving page is open til October!

Initially I :giggle:ed, then it made me :smile: loads. Now, I think you were all really :becool:.
May I say a big :thanks:to you sir for representing my little donation to what is a very worthy charity - Orchid Charity!!

classic33

Leg End Member
I noticed there was a head count of 106 at the end, did anyone start with more than one head or did someone lose one on the way round do you know?
Nice to know your back & posting. Sorry you never got to see the four wheeler. It'd have grounded on that wooden bridge.

Take it you've seen @Pat 5mph idea for the next ride!
No, I have a better idea: next year sponsored CC ride will be a 50 miler " no lycra, no road bike, no clipless".
That would be a considerable effort worth sponsoring :biggrin:

classic33

Leg End Member
I'm so impressed that you did it mickle and classic33... well done and thank you! Brilliant!:cheers:
New Highway Code question raised during the ride.
"You are approaching a road narrowing, on the opposite side of the road. Coming towards you are over 100 naked cyclists. What action do you take?"
The number of people taking driving lessons on "quiet roads" that we passed brought this question up.

Top Bottom