WINCHESTER and there abouts

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
There are much nicer lanes to ride than use the A32 & A272. The Sustainablity centre café at the top of old Winchester hill is good and a nice ride approaching from East or West. Or in the other direction you've got the Test valley, a loop via Farley Mount and Stockbridge is nice.
If it's Wednesday you're welcome to join our club run, start is about 7 miles South of Winchester but you could peel off on the return.

puch

Regular
The last time I went up to Winchester hill from Warnford a couple of years ago, I found the road pretty rough and potholed, particularly near the top. Nice ride though.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
I'd recommend going down the A272 to the West Meon Hut (crossroads) then south on the A32 all the way to Wickham. Further south, parallel to the M27 is Nine Elms Lane which will take you to Portsdown Hill - nice view over the Solent - weather permitting.
I wouldn't. Ghastly road to cycle on. The Hampshire end is marginally redeemed over the Sussex portion by virtue of the better class of 4x4 you encounter there but it is still ghastly.

Top Bottom