Wind & rain , rain & wind

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

snapper_37

Barbara Woodhouse's Love Child
Loved it - really does blow the cobwebs away but the cross wind was a bit freaky at some parts. Hate the wind when it's full on in the face though. There's always a silver lining - head wind = entitlement to more cake/curry/whatever.

Andrew_P

In between here and there
Great Ride in today, near perfect conditions. Yesterday was awful headwind in and out and gusting to 50+mph.

Today it looks like payback today for once tailwind in and it is set to turn by the time I go home!!

Pedal pusher

Veteran
Saw on the news it has been the wettest year on record in Scotland (no real surprise there) but somewhere in England has had their driest year on record, perhaps we can set up an exchange scheme.
What is it Billy says, Scotland only has 2 seasons June and winter lol

Nearly there

Veteran
Decent ride today but only done 12 miles of a planned 25 due to a wheel issue it was nice to get out after the christmas excess:whistle: conditions were quite good but the thing with my wheel bugged the hell out of me so headed home.

Chrisc

Guru
Best day of the week so far but unable to ride due to a noise from the rear which turns out to be the tread peeling off the backing! Buggeration.

Big thanks to Highonbikes who are sending out a replacement with no arguments as the tyre was new in April. Good lads!

Garz

Squat Member
Been out for a ride today, oh my god, up on top of ashworth valley I was struggling to even go downhill at times! Must have been 50mph gusts, first time I felt insecure along the busy 50mph roads round there! :crazy:

Plax

Guru
To my shame i have not been out since Friday 21st October.That ride Scaborough to Leeds,where i bailed out at York.Get up and go has gone.Going to get the off road bike out next week and try and pootle around home.

Thank you postman for making me feel better. It was my first ride out on the bike this year with my last ride having been on the 2nd Dec. It's good to know there are people out there that haven't ridden for longer ^_^

The wind has been horrendous up here. I was going to restart cycling to work on the 3rd Jan but the wind was too strong so I jibbed out. I'd have probably ended up being blown into somebodies garden along with all the wheelie bins, recycling boxes and sheds. First time the wind has settled down a bit today so I took the opportunity to have a quick pedal around the block.

Top Bottom