Wind & rain , rain & wind

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Brandane

Legendary Member
Saw on the news it has been the wettest year on record in Scotland (no real surprise there) but somewhere in England has had their driest year on record, perhaps we can set up an exchange scheme.

It is all my fault for taking a voluntary redundancy package in April :sad:. Was looking forward to a nice summer and had all sorts of cycling expeditions planned. I only managed one of them, and even then had to travel down south to do it - the Way of the Roses (and it even rained for one morning during that!!).

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Sick of the rain - can't be bothered going out. Not back to commuting for another 5 days though !

2wd

Canyon Aeroad CF 7.0 Di2
Just triying to phsyche myself up for a session on the Tacx Satori

Trouble is the sofa's stuck to my @rse :blink:

postman

Legendary Member
To my shame i have not been out since Friday 21st October.That ride Scaborough to Leeds,where i bailed out at York.Get up and go has gone.Going to get the off road bike out next week and try and pootle around home.

Chrisc

Guru
Just back from a very windy, wet and filthy ride up to Royd Moor wind farm. They build those things up there for a reason...
Despite sideways rain I enjoyed it very much and happy to meet a dozen or so other nutters cyclists out and about, all smiling through the murk.
Felt so good I even cleaned the bike properly before hitting the shower! :smile:
New overshoes kept the toes nice and warm and dry.

Globalti

Legendary Member
I went out for 45 minutes last weekend with the remains of a mild cold and by the next morning I had a chest infection.

Now on antibiotics so today I spent an hour on the trainer in the garage door, watching the rain pissing down in front of me. Happily a cycling neighbour bumbled past so he stopped for a chinwag and New Year greetings.

Garz

Squat Member
I think December was quite a wet month (at least in the NW) even if temperatures have been mild for the time of year. The wind has been pretty shocking though and looks set to continue into January. :angry:

jim55

Guru
The wind just now in Glasgow is biblical , just checked wind speed on my phone and it's showing 48 mph and the gusts are a lot stronger, I'd say worse than 2 weeks ago and they were 70 mph!!! Iv heard loadsa sirens and no doubt there will b a fair bit of damage ,,,No cycling in that I think , still , it's not raining lol

Brandane

Legendary Member
The wind just now in Glasgow is biblical , just checked wind speed on my phone and it's showing 48 mph and the gusts are a lot stronger, I'd say worse than 2 weeks ago and they were 70 mph!!! Iv heard loadsa sirens and no doubt there will b a fair bit of damage ,,,No cycling in that I think , still , it's not raining lol

Yep; getting a battering down here in Largs - again. Lost a section of flashing off the roof, and slates and a chimney cap. Greenock road shut as the river is coming over onto it. Ferries off.... This is at least the 3rd storm in as many weeks, with wet and windy weather in between them. GIE'S A BREAK!!!

Top Bottom