Wind & rain , rain & wind

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
The wind just now in Glasgow is biblical , just checked wind speed on my phone and it's showing 48 mph and the gusts are a lot stronger, I'd say worse than 2 weeks ago and they were 70 mph!!! Iv heard loadsa sirens and no doubt there will b a fair bit of damage ,,,No cycling in that I think , still , it's not raining lol

Got up with all good intentions of a 50 miler. My weather station in garden has measured gust of 57mph so maybe another day

Nearly there

Veteran
Even Mark Cavendish is on the turbo today^_^

The wind in south staffs is awful. I'm on my way home on the fixed gear bike. Just had to stop off at the cafe on the way.
Just looking out watching the trees bending in the wind.
I'm looking forward to the last of my cycle home. Well it's good training .....

Brandane

Legendary Member
Yet more wind today (not nearly as bad as yesterday), but as an added bonus we have got constant heavy rain along with it. I now have rain water coming into the loft as a result of about 20' of flashing being torn from my roof yesterday. Over to the insurance company now, I'm afraid :sad:. It really would be nice to get a break from this foul weather as it has gone on for so long, but the forecast from the Met Office is not hopeful for the next 30 days. I have had my fill of it, really :angry:.

BikingChris

Caved in this yesterday and toay and used the car. Made myself feel a little less guilty but finding a load of stuff that I needed to (not) bring into work and convincing myself it needed to be done urgently...

Have to be back on the bike tmr otherwise Ill go insane ! Tmr and Fri meant to be better.

Otherwise can highly recommend Maidson water proof shorts got now. Altura used to do some but had to come by, apparently there wasnt the interest ?

Moby Jones

Yet more wind today (not nearly as bad as yesterday), but as an added bonus we have got constant heavy rain along with it. I now have rain water coming into the loft as a result of about 20' of flashing being torn from my roof yesterday. Over to the insurance company now, I'm afraid :sad:. It really would be nice to get a break from this foul weather as it has gone on for so long, but the forecast from the Met Office is not hopeful for the next 30 days. I have had my fill of it, really :angry:.

Are you still planning on commuting to your new job ???
I return to work next week and I'm resolved to getting soaked each day. Thank god it's only a 20min commute

Brandane

Legendary Member
Are you still planning on commuting to your new job ???
I return to work next week and I'm resolved to getting soaked each day. Thank god it's only a 20min commute

Commuting by bike was only ever going to be weather dependent for me :blush:. I have absolutely no intention of commuting 15 miles each way in the type of weather we have had here for the last 2 days. IMHO that would be verging on foolish, especially at my age (50 this year :ohmy:). I do hope to be able to commute regularly on the bike though. The motorbike would be my first alternative, and the car as a last resort.

mcshroom

Bionic Subsonic
The wind was backing off a bit here, but it's come back with a vengeance in the last hour or so. It also bucketed it down from about 11am onwards. My ride home was a series of fords on the single lane roads with all the run-off from the fields, including two deep enough to get above the top of my (waterproof) shoes

Moby Jones

Commuting by bike was only ever going to be weather dependent for me :blush:. I have absolutely no intention of commuting 15 miles each way in the type of weather we have had here for the last 2 days. IMHO that would be verging on foolish, especially at my age (50 this year :ohmy:). I do hope to be able to commute regularly on the bike though. The motorbike would be my first alternative, and the car as a last resort.

I would like to get rid of my car and use the bike but that's just not practical for me, for work and weather issues. I hope it's not too bad next week. I know someone who commutes from Wemys Bay to Greenock every day regardless of the weather, kudos to him.

Ajax_Gaz

Shut up Legs!
Just sat looking at the rain and listening to the wind and trying to get motivated to get out there and ride to work.

Going to be pretty nasty in that wind! But my motivation is that conditions are meant to be dry and less windy for the ride back..... We'll see! :smile:

Vikeonabike

CC Neighbourhood Police Constable
Now have two rest days... Wind is heavy today, should drop tomorrow so I'll get out and a few miles on the local lanes. Saturday Sunday & Monday are looking ok.

Top Bottom