Wind

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

surfdude

Veteran
same down here :angry:

Davos87

Guru
I was just thinking that myself when out on a ride yesterday. I would say the majority of my rides this year have taken place when its been blowing a hoolie.
I was crossing a flyover bridge over the A19 yesterday and I usually breeze up it but on nearing the apex I came to a near standstill the wind was so strong. Carried on with my ride and thought I will have a nice tail wind on the way back but the bloody wind seemed to change direction as I did and I couldn't seem to get any respite.
I suppose it gives you a good workout. ^_^ :angry:

Glow worm

Legendary Member
It's been a nightmare here too. I was looking forward to a string tailwind on my way home from work yesterday having battled in earlier- of course the wind had dropped right down.

I think it's a south westerly here and I have a roughly 40 mile ride tomorrrow heading north east- should be lovely, effortless cycling, but of course it's bound to switch direction overnight!

Last edited:
Just taken our landlady's dog for a walk and at times standing up in the wind was hard enough... we won't be out in it today on bikes.
Perhaps tomorrow off-road but unless it eases a touch...
but Monday my OH has to be out in it and Tuesday I have to be out in it... :dry:

sazzaa

Been lovely up north!

Spinney

Bimbleur extraordinaire
Pretty windy here, but my house is on a road that seems to be popular for cyclists - just seen 10 go past in a group (into wind and up the hill!), plus quite a few others during the day. My excuse is that I had a long ride yesterday...

Spinney

Bimbleur extraordinaire
[QUOTE 3073352, member: 9609"]becalmed in the borders - a few heavy showers but lots of hot sunshine and blue skies.:sun:Hope to get a few miles in this evening, too warm at the mo[/QUOTE]
Lucky sod!

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Kind of dreading this - I'm doing the 103 mile round London ride tomorrow, and have been keeping a nervous eye on the rain forecasts for the last few days. (Quite prepared to bottle out if it's going to be full-on - riding eight hours in the pouring rain is not my idea of a good time.) But having been out this morning, I'm actually getting a bit more concerned about the wind. If it keeps up anything like this, it looks like the first 40 miles is going to be straight into the teeth of a lively sou'wester. Don't know anything that drains your energy quite so relentlessly...

Brandane

Legendary Member
May 2013 - 600+ miles.
May 2014 so far - ZERO :sad:.
When it's not been raining, it's been "breezy" (under 30mph doesn't count as windy ;)). Work been getting in the way too, and I refuse to cycle commute 14 miles each way in headwind or rain :angry:.

Top Bottom