Wind

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Brandane

Legendary Member
[QUOTE 3073352, member: 9609"]becalmed in the borders - a few heavy showers but lots of hot sunshine and blue skies.:sun:Hope to get a few miles in this evening, too warm at the mo[/QUOTE]
Hot sunshine? :ohmy:
I guess you mean that in relative terms! I just checked the current temp in Jedburgh and it's 11 degrees. "Hot" if you're from Edinburgh I suppose :thumbsup:.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Pouring down with rain, and gale force winds. Things being blown around outside. Horrible weather..

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
[QUOTE="swee'pea99, post: 3073465, member: 1409in ]In short: Wales. :rolleyes:[/QUObought as.

Someone said to me that they used to live In wales, and should have Bought a canoe, not a bike
When I was a kid and told the LBS man I was off to Wales, he said 'you know what they say about Wales, don't you?' Of course I didn't. He said: 'When you can't see the mountains, it's raining. And when you can see the mountains, it's about to rain.'

JasonHolder

on youtube. learning to be a gent
I rode cirencester to Burton on the water and back. Holy hell! Won't be going to work tomorrow unless it dies down. Not only slow (10mph return journey) but rather dangerous.

Decided the best action was to take up the whole lane and get rear lights on. Mid day that was :/
Clearly I am one of the stupidest people on this chat site - I did go out today, hence my post under "Your Ride Today". Shouldn't have done it.
I bow to your superior wisdom, all of you.

Brandane

Legendary Member
HTFU folks.
Nahhhh..... Each to their own and all that, but at 51 years old I've done all the manning up I'm likely to do; now I prefer to do stuff I enjoy. When it becomes a chore, I won't do it. :thumbsup:

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Nahhhh..... Each to their own and all that, but at 51 years old I've done all the manning up I'm likely to do; now I prefer to do stuff I enjoy. When it becomes a chore, I won't do it. :thumbsup:

Exactly if you don't have to commute by bike, then you should do it purely for, pleasure, as and when you want.

ayceejay

Guru
Some of you sick *uckers will be happy to hear that where I live (Quebec) is the same. And it comes from all directions but I have developed a technique where the warm up is wind assisted - then the hard bit and wind assisted on the last bit even if it means a U turn. For me the worst is a cross wind and that has me riding in circles.

Top Bottom