Wind

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Sorry all I think it must have been the beans and mushrooms that I had for breakfast yesterday:blush::stop:.

OP
OP
G

gavgav

Guru
It's the same here again today, well less rain at least. I've got to play cricket in it somehow. The extra jumper and heavy bails will be needed I think!:cold::rain::headshake:

Blue

Legendary Member
HTFU folks.
On Tuesday night I took part in the NI 25mile TTT championships in what all racers, spectators et al., described as the worst conditions ever experienced for a race. We had wind, rain, hail and lightning all thrown at us. Keeping the bikes upright was a struggle at times and a number of teams quit. I've always considered myself a fair weather cyclist but we finished in style, even if numb with cold. The club Senior team quit but our Ladies team and Vets team (with me in it) completed and earned the description "hard as teak". Summer indeed !!!!!!!

Brandane

Legendary Member
Well I decided to "HTFU" this morning and cycled to work. 14 miles, 1000 feet of climbing. The wind had gone and it was dry, the forecast said maybe an odd light shower. All good!
7 or 8 miles in, the sky goes black, down comes torrential rain and then a HAIL storm. WTF! Those hail stones were sore on my freshly done #2 haircut. Now I know why a helmet might be useful :whistle:.
Stopped and put the showerproof leggings on, and got to work - wet. I really am beginning to think the weather Gods hate me. From now on, any doubts as to the weather and the bike stays at home :angry:.
I still have to get home at 5pm. Any clouds in the sky and I'm going the long way round, in a train!

yep we had the hailstones yesterday they were not nice! but a helmet still leaves your body unprotected from them and I find they hurt my arms and shoulders the most.

I'm in the car today because I had promised my sister I would go to her medical appointment with her, and whilst I could easily have cycled the distance getting 3 hrs from home for a 9:30 am appointment did not appeal to me so I blagged the car! my OH had to cycle in instead don't think he will have been dry either!

tomorrow he has the car back and for the rest of the week so it looks like my commute to my hospital appointment tomorrow afternoon will be similarly wet! oh well that's the UK for you!

any one else heard rumours of a hot summer and droughts?

Top Bottom