Wind....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
The weather kind, tsk....

Is it me, or has it been windier than normal the last 12 months or so?
Here at the world's end (Deal, Kent), the last 12 months or so and particularly the winter has been characterised by persistent winds, primarily North Easterly. Dry but cold. In fact it's been almost desert-like here in terms of rain, but he wind has been a pain. I don't recall this when I moved here 5 years ago.
I confess it has dented my cycling. Just cannot be arsed with battling it every-time I go out on the bike. Even sunny days when it's warm like today there's a coldish wind blowing (the Margate Mistral?)!
Has this been a feature of where you live, or is it just a Thanet thing?

Yeah, I know, I need to 'person-up' and get out there...

slow scot

Veteran
Here too. Non stop. And too often there’s east in it, which ain’t great being on the east coast and wanting a tail wind home.

Asa Post

Super Iconic Legend
Same here in Sheffield, lots of sunshine but cold winds from the North or East. Even when they turn to a warmer and more usual Westerly, they are often strong enough to rattle the trees.
I'm a wimp who prefers the turbo when the wind makes outdoor riding unpleasant, but this week has been calm and warm :bicycle:.

T4tomo

Guru
I have routes with high hedges etc that I scurry to when its blustery. There are a couple of exposed drags that are best avoided when windy. that said I havent noticed it being unusually windy this year.

Friday gone was a bit blustery, but I was out on an organised jolly cycling day and there was a young chap of about 6'9" in our group so i tried to sit on his wheel most of the time.:okay:

Cycleops

Legendary Member
It's the same here, being near the coast you'll always get a breeze off the sea. If there was no wind the heat would be unbearable. Goes right down during the night, but then the temperature goes down.

OP
OP
Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...

roubaixtuesday

self serving virtue signaller
2022's gonna be mega!

Screenshot_20220615-161734_Chrome.jpg

craigwend

Grimpeur des terrains plats
In the Holderness district of East Yorkshire, we have the 'PermaWind' (tm) which is like the Permafrost of the extreme North, we don't have hills, though in most directions it feels like you are riding up a hill on the flats...

Top Bottom