Wind....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
Dratted blowing stuff here today. Where will it end? :scratch:

T4tomo

Legendary Member
Absolutely horrible wind here today! I've just been for a walk round the local park/woodland. Branches, conkers and leaves were littering the ground after being blown off the trees.

conkers??? - are you sure -or is it autumn already?

Mike_P

Guru
It's been gusty since last Thursday, they keep on saying the winds dropping and I keep on almost being blown over in the back yard. My, under phyiso's instructions for my damaged ligaments in my left foot, daily walk and cycle ride has turned into a windy walk and half a hour spent on the folding indoor cycle like object watching GCN or something else on YouTube.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Another day of horrible wind! Trying to cross a road today was difficult as I had to keep stopping to get my balance, while being blown back and from side to side. I think it's time for a government inquiry into why it's happening nearly every day!!!🤔

november4

I live near Coast too and its rarely under 10mph winds, what I have learned through winter is 3deg C is as low as safe to ride for me, and a forecast 16mph is limits of comfort in winter 20mph OK in warmer weather
I don't do rain....unless caught out

That pesky Storm Debi has done my mums car in, blew a ridge tile straight off her house and smashed the car in. On the phone with Direct Line now trying to put a claim in and see if she gets a courtesy car, it's like pulling hens teeth with them though - very slow process.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
That pesky Storm Debi has done my mums car in, blew a ridge tile straight off her house and smashed the car in. On the phone with Direct Line now trying to put a claim in and see if she gets a courtesy car, it's like pulling hens teeth with them though - very slow process.

has it hit the windscreen?

T4tomo

Legendary Member
Windscreen and bodywork damage, good news is courtesy car is being delivered this morning but it might be nxt week before car is repaired.

unlucky, but less awkward than it hitting her neighbours car (or her neighbour) / or it being her neighbours roof tile I guess.

unlucky, but less awkward than it hitting her neighbours car (or her neighbour) / or it being her neighbours roof tile I guess.

Yeah that would have been awkaward, she has a good relationship with neighbours but it complicates things.

Top Bottom