Windows 11

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I had completely forgotten about W11! Microsoft seem to have gone a bit quiet about it compared to the nagging I experienced when W10 came out...

So, anyone got any experience on whether the various updates have solved the problems some of us had with W11?
What sort of problems? Having not played with it, I thought that most problems were of the more trivial kind.
I had completely forgotten about W11! Microsoft seem to have gone a bit quiet about it compared to the nagging I experienced when W10 came out...
This. There are still so many Windows 10 machines, Windows 11 hasn't yet got any real traction. Just catching up on Win 7!

I have just finished flattening and rebuilding an ultra compact PC with Windows 10 and got the usual `get ready goy Windows 11` nagging screen back. i clicked on it to get rid of it and it look me to a webpage with the box below on it. This would suggest Microsoft are reviewing supported hardware.

View attachment 636711
I had the same with an almost new cpu! Needed to enable TPM 2.0 in bios then fine. :okay:

Download Win 11 English International iso from Microsoft.
Download Rufus 3.18
Flash drive, 8GB or larger, all data will be lost!
Use Rufus to create a boot USB drive. It has Win 11 extended options, choose without hpm or secure boot check.
Once done (takes a while), noot your chosen machine to upgrade or install.
Caveats: DO NOT try this on a legacy ios machine. UEFI only.
I'm doing this on machines which have a full Win 10 Pro licence already.

Top Bottom