Windstopper Glasses . . .

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hi all, does anyone know whether the windstopper glasses actually work? They can be quite expensive so I just wanted some advice to help me decide if they would be worth the spend. I've developed dry eye and wonder if it could be from the wind getting behind my regular glasses. Any help with this would be great, Thanks

Randomnerd

Bimbleur
I have wind. How will these specs help? Do I wear them on my face?

RoubaixCube

~Tribanese~
Hi all, does anyone know whether the windstopper glasses actually work? They can be quite expensive so I just wanted some advice to help me decide if they would be worth the spend. I've developed dry eye and wonder if it could be from the wind getting behind my regular glasses. Any help with this would be great, Thanks

Just buy a cheap pair of Bolle safety glasses from amazon. they cost under £10.

bruce1530

Guru
The bolle ones work for me. Available over the counter at places like Arco and Screwfix. My local screwfix has a display stand where you can try them. And last time I was in, the tinted ones were on special offer.

D

Deleted member 26715

Do you wear these over the top of your existing prescription glasses?

vickster

Legendary Member
Wraparound glasses are certainly better than a smaller frame. Direct glazed prescription ones are costly (£300 + if you want transitions). For me, Oakley were worth the outlay
The ones with inserts look and feel awful imo but much cheaper

OP
OP
Apple

Apple

The bolle ones work for me. Available over the counter at places like Arco and Screwfix. My local screwfix has a display stand where you can try them. And last time I was in, the tinted ones were on special offer.
Cheers for that, I will have a look at our screwfix, be good to get to try them on before I buy, Thank you

OP
OP
Apple

Apple

Do you wear these over the top of your existing prescription glasses?
Hi, no I don't wear prescription glasses, I meant my cycling glasses, I've got a photochromic pair but the wind gets to my eyes and that could be the cause of my dry eye.

OP
OP
Apple

Apple

Wraparound glasses are certainly better than a smaller frame. Direct glazed prescription ones are costly (£300 + if you want transitions). For me, Oakley were worth the outlay
The ones with inserts look and feel awful imo but much cheaper
Thanks for your reply, I've had a look at the oakley ones, do they stop the wind getting to your eyes? I need glasses to totally stop the wind then I'm hoping my eyes will get better. I'll try the cheaper bolle ones in store with the inserts first to see what they feel/look like and then go from there.

RoubaixCube

~Tribanese~
Thanks for that advice, Ive looked at them glasses and they are great, I will give them a try, thats saved me loads of money, much appreciate your help, cheers

They were so cheap i ended up buying 2 to see which one I liked more for cycling. I bought the RUSHPSF and SILPPSF -- The SILPPSF model amazon sells for £25 but you can find it for £10.10 (free delivery i think) from RS-Online which is where i bought mine from.

Both are great peices of kit but it generally falls down to the design. Do you prefer the wrap-arounds or standard looking shades?

They do clear versions of these sunglasses as well so you can get whichever you need more.

as an alternative I can strongly recommend these Tifosi Optics Tyrant 2.0 Photochromic glasses -- They cost more but I find them great for days when the weather shifts from sunny to dark and overcast a lot. They offer a good amount of tint when the sun comes out but still perfectly clear for night use. they are my main glasses for long night rides and commutes. A great pair of multi-weather shades.

OP
OP
Apple

Apple

They were so cheap i ended up buying 2 to see which one I liked more for cycling. I bought the RUSHPSF and SILPPSF -- The SILPPSF model amazon sells for £25 but you can find it for £10.10 (free delivery i think) from RS-Online which is where i bought mine from.

Both are great peices of kit but it generally falls down to the design. Do you prefer the wrap-arounds or standard looking shades?

They do clear versions of these sunglasses as well so you can get whichever you need more.

as an alternative I can strongly recommend these Tifosi Optics Tyrant 2.0 Photochromic glasses -- They cost more but I find them great for days when the weather shifts from sunny to dark and overcast a lot. They offer a good amount of tint when the sun comes out but still perfectly clear for night use. they are my main glasses for long night rides and commutes. A great pair of multi-weather shades.

I think I'll get 2 pairs of the bolle ones, smoked and clear. I do prefer wrap around shades and the ones I have are photochromic but the wind gets behind them. The bolle ones will stop it completely as they are like goggles. The others you mentioned look nice but will they stop the wind as they are not sealed like the bolle ones? Thanks for being so helpful, much appreciated.

RoubaixCube

~Tribanese~
I think I'll get 2 pairs of the bolle ones, smoked and clear. I do prefer wrap around shades and the ones I have are photochromic but the wind gets behind them. The bolle ones will stop it completely as they are like goggles. The others you mentioned look nice but will they stop the wind as they are not sealed like the bolle ones? Thanks for being so helpful, much appreciated.

They work just fine

Top Bottom