Wine for Xmas lunch

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PK99

Legendary Member
If anyone is still looking for a White to go with Xmas turkey, I can recommend this:

https://www.majestic.co.uk/wines/bread-butter-chardonnay-18139

Just opened my first bottle and it is fan-bloody-tastic.

£12.99 so not el cheapo but an equivalent Burgundy would be at least double the price.

I can't beat Majestic's own tasting note:

Complex and layered, with distinctive notes of vanilla bean, almond husk and tropical fruit - it's reminiscent of a decadent crème brûlée! Californian Chardonnay at it's very best.

vickster

Legendary Member
Waitrose have a Pouilly Fuisse on offer for £13 or possibly a fume

OP
OP
P

PK99

Legendary Member
Overpriced with a layered, decadent, layered effect of pulling the wool over your layered, caramel, almond husk, decadent eyes, with a hint of Bitter middle aged decadent layered miserable old fart.

errm Feck off and take your insulting post elsewhere.

One could say much that same about amateurs buying carbon bikes with Di gearing.

Dave 123

Legendary Member
errm Feck off and take your insulting post elsewhere.

One could say much that same about amateurs buying carbon bikes with Di gearing.

I was only jesting, but if you’d like to take it that way it’s fine by me.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Don't like white - recommend a red from £12-£15 please ?

PS Xmas day is more about being messed about by others - I like it quiet, or organised. This year I have no idea what's going on (and we have logistics issues with a disabled MIL) - I am expecting a call on Xmas Eve to build an access ramp at the SIL's house.

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Don't like white - recommend a red from £12-£15 please ?

PS Xmas day is more about being messed about by others - I like it quiet, or organised. This year I have no idea what's going on (and we have logistics issues with a disabled MIL) - I am expecting a call on Xmas Eve to build an access ramp at the SIL's house.
Red with turkey = pinot noir. Anything else the tannins are too much for the delicate flavour
Tasmanian, NZ...both excellent

vickster

Legendary Member
Top Bottom