Wine for Xmas lunch

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Adam4868

Guru
I'm no wine buff,but been drinking this lately(in excess !) Seems nice to me ?
Sainsbury's Languedoc Red, Taste the Difference
Think it's about 7 quid a bottle

colly

Re member eR
Don't like white - recommend a red from £12-£15 please ?

PS Xmas day is more about being messed about by others - I like it quiet, or organised. This year I have no idea what's going on (and we have logistics issues with a disabled MIL) - I am expecting a call on Xmas Eve to build an access ramp at the SIL's house.

A recent gift which I have only just opened. No idea of the cost and to be honest I prefer something which has more body. But I like the name.
20181220_205906.jpg

Bobby Mhor

Wasn't born to follow

Crikey... mention wine and it's like class bleeding war! I'll be spending about £15-£20 a bottle on a white Chateauneuf du Pape which is great with turkey, even though I prefer red. So to make up for it a half bottle of Vin Santo from Waitrose with the Christmas/plum pud ... yum!

Johnsop99

Veteran
A recent gift which I have only just opened. No idea of the cost and to be honest I prefer something which has more body. But I like the name.
View attachment 443284
We like the Cono Sur wines, especially the (white) Viognier. They are normally priced around the £6-8 mark. They had a competition a few months ago to win a new bike - I must have entered about a dozen (hic!) times but still didn't win.:sad:

Top Bottom