Winksulation

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

annedonnelly

Girl from the North Country
One of the funniest things I have ever read is Solar by Ian McEwan. A rather out-of-favour and inept scientist is invited on a trip to the Arctic. Due to being late and drinking lots of coffee he needs to pee in the middle of nowhere in below zero temperatures. As he's zipping himself back up he feels something snap. Its so cold that he feels no pain...

You need to read it find out why I laughed so much :smile:

OP
OP
Turbo Rider

Turbo Rider

Just can't reMember
Brief update...ahem...in case anyone's had / having the same problem reallly...tried the sock and spare boxers for the way home and though it was warm enough, it was ever so slightly uncomfortable...but not in a painful way, so works perfectly well...Wasn't terribly happy with the discomfort though, so this morning I opted for padded cycling shorts underneath the padded tights, together with paper. Magnificent and I think that's the warmest it's been down there in a very long time...or for this year, at least. The shorts gave extra thigh warmth and the paper seems to have kept the cold air away, all of which meant a reduced shower time, so less waiting time for my fitness orientated colleagues. Also means a slight reduction in the stock price of de-icer, but I think I can live with that. Might be an idea to add something about this to a winter wear thread somewhere, if it's not there already?

Thanks once again :smile:

Last edited:
OP
OP
Turbo Rider

Turbo Rider

Just can't reMember
One of the funniest things I have ever read is Solar by Ian McEwan. A rather out-of-favour and inept scientist is invited on a trip to the Arctic. Due to being late and drinking lots of coffee he needs to pee in the middle of nowhere in below zero temperatures. As he's zipping himself back up he feels something snap. Its so cold that he feels no pain...

You need to read it find out why I laughed so much :smile:

Love a bit of suggested reading - cheers Anne - it's on the list :smile:

vickster

Legendary Member
Why are you wearing underwear if using padded shorts? You'd be better wearing them next to the skin, with tights over the top as suggested

Or maybe you need smaller socks :whistle:

Spinney

Bimbleur extraordinaire
Mod Note:
I think the willy jokes have gone far enough. If you have anything further to say about insulating the nether regions, go ahead.

Top Bottom