winter and darknes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Location
Edinburgh
I use Tesco 3w torches and a variety of cheap rear lights. I've also recently acquired (along with a bike) one of those 5/10W 2 lamp systems which should be fun. I enjoy being lit up like a Christmas tree - last winter I had red fairy lights attached to my rucksack.

getfit said:
Has anyone used the Ledwear Hi-Vis jacket? It seems a well thought out product and on top of a good set of lights should help to get you seen.

http://www.ledwear.co.uk/

GF

I haven't tried it but from my experience of riding a bike wrapped in white fairy lights (which was ;) by the way) it may actually reduce your night vision. I found that having lots of undirected light on the edge of my field of vision made it harder to see in poorly lit areas.

Matthew
 
Location
my house
MajorMantra said:
I enjoy being lit up like a Christmas tree - last winter I had red fairy lights attached to my rucksack.

I had tinsel on my bike on christmas day ;) But the fairy lights are a better idea.
 
Location
Edinburgh
purplepolly said:
I had tinsel on my bike on christmas day :wacko: But the fairy lights are a better idea.

I got them off ebay for a few quid last year. They run off 2 or 3 AA batteries and are really quite bright. Must break them out again as the nights draw in...*

Matthew

*I realise it's only August but for some reason it feels like the year is already ending. Hmmm.
 
Location
Manchester
Slightly off-topic but relevant - interestingly the law states you need a front white reflector, a rear red reflector and two orange reflectors on each pedal. Apparently the chances of getting "done" are slim to none - but if you are involved in an incident it will be taken into account. Bit of a bugger for those of us with spd pedals, although I believe there is a clip on for them.

Anyone got any links for good hi-viz backpack covers?
 
OvertheHill said:
Slightly off-topic but relevant - interestingly the law states you need a front white reflector, a rear red reflector and two orange reflectors on each pedal. Apparently the chances of getting "done" are slim to none - but if you are involved in an incident it will be taken into account. Bit of a bugger for those of us with spd pedals, although I believe there is a clip on for them.

Anyone got any links for good hi-viz backpack covers?


I have seen some self adhesive replective tape before on ebay,
 

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Location
South Manchester
Downward said:
Anyone recommend a Good Rear light ?
Is the Mars ok just to have one off ?

The Mars 4.0 is very good, but I would recommend a backup el cheapo at least, as the Mars 4.0 is more juice hungry than your 'average' cheap light - it's got a 1w LED in there.
 
Top Bottom