Winter bike problem

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Domus

Guru
Washed, lubed and checked over the winter bike in March. Going on a Short 4 day Trip on Tuesday so got it out yesterday and couldn’t turn the handlebars, headset bearings cleaned and greased, only slight improvement so bought new ones this morning.
Lesson learned, check it earlier.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Wash a bike and put it away, death sentence!!!!

I always try to ride a washed bike asap to make sure it dries out properly before being put away to rust..... Lesson learned :okay:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Well, at least you found it now and sorted it out in time!

Hmm... You have just reminded me that I never got round to getting my CAAD X sorted out... That is supposed to be my winter bike but I stopped using it last year because Cannondale have a recall notice on them. I haven't tried contacting local Cannondale dealers since the Covid-19 situation developed because I am pretty sure that I would struggle to find one to do the job (fork replacement).

The Rover

Guru
@ColinJ it was the caadx, they fitted a new carbon fork in black, fortunately mine is the black with hint of blue version from around 2016 I think.
the photo is without the new fork.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
@ColinJ it was the caadx, they fitted a new carbon fork in black, fortunately mine is the black with hint of blue version from around 2016 I think.
the photo is without the new fork.
View attachment 547193
Excellent news - thanks.

I heard that Cannondale were only supplying black replacement forks, which is a pity because I quite like the coloured decals. This is what mine looks like at the moment...

Top Bottom