Winter bike project

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

eldudino

Bike Fluffer
So here's some pics of my winter bike project, it's a transfer of items across from my Specialize Allez Sport to a Kinesis Racelight T frame and Deda Black Rain fork.

So far it's had new long drop brakes, new chainset and BB, headset, stem (from Scook94 for a bottle of whisky!), new cables and it'll soon be wearing a new Tiagra front mech as I broke the old one trying to service it. The rear wheel skewer is also rusted in place so it's currently soaked with WD40 and I'm hoping it'll shift at some point!

I've sold the old frame and fork and the other bits that didn't go on the new bike are on ebay, I've purchased wisely (cheaply or 2nd hand) so it's not going to cost me a bomb. It'll also be wearing full mudguards when it's finished.
5020934425_ca00a46714_z.jpg

5021537018_f120ce4b03_b.jpg

5020929015_9fed160c85_b.jpg

I can't wait to get out on it!

Fuzzball

The bike is looking almost as good as that oven in background, i would love a 5 ring burner

OP
OP
eldudino

eldudino

Bike Fluffer
3 comments and not one about the bike!
biggrin.gif

My GLW had the choice of me disappearing down the shed or building the bike in the kitchen, she chose the kitchen!

The Le Ceruset was a find in a French charity shop - 7euro!

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
Nae pedals yet ... are they lying on the kitchen table too? :whistle:

Nice looking bike, and nice kitchen :rolleyes:

T

OP
OP
eldudino

eldudino

Bike Fluffer
Eldudino, I put replacement guards on my Kinesis last week, the lbs had cut the old ones down so that they fitted the frame perfectly otherwise the front guard is a little tight to say the least.

Oh and what wheels/ tyres have you got on it?

I'll bear it in mind when putting the guards on. From a first glance, I thought that it looks quite tight too, and that was before you'd said anything.

Wheels are Mavic CXP-22 rims laced to Tiagra hubs, heavyish but reliable. They're the original wheels from my Allez Sport. Tyres are Specialized All Condition 25c that I had in the shed.

Nae pedals yet ... are they lying on the kitchen table too? :whistle:

Nope, they're on top of the tumble dryer in the shed! What you don't see, TM is the GLW's collection of antique cake stands that are dotted around the kitchen! Maybe we should drop by on the next CC Ecosse Stirling ride...

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
Nope, they're on top of the tumble dryer in the shed! What you don't see, TM is the GLW's collection of antique cake stands that are dotted around the kitchen! Maybe we should drop by on the next CC Ecosse Stirling ride...

:tongue: Yes, please! Are you saying there are cakes on these cake stands (plural as well!) at all times, so we can just "drop in"? ^_^ ;)
That's probably why they are not in any of the pictures (otherwise you would never get any comments on the bike :biggrin: ).

Are you going to start a new thread as well? hint hint ...

T

Alembicbassman

Confused.com
Kitchens do make great bike workshops, the light is so much better. Plenty of food and cups of tea to hand also.

Looks too nice for a winter bike.

OP
OP
eldudino

eldudino

Bike Fluffer
Very nice it is too, both the bike and the kitchen, you should bring out on the next run you're organising :whistle:

I think Seamab volunteered himself!

:tongue: Yes, please! Are you saying there are cakes on these cake stands (plural as well!) at all times, so we can just "drop in"? ^_^ ;)

It can be arranged!

Are you going to start a new thread as well? hint hint ...

Afraid not; see my reply to Jim!

OP
OP
eldudino

eldudino

Bike Fluffer
The build is complete! It wasn't actually as difficult as I thought, I was mainly fretting about gear set-up but Bicycle Tutor really helped, it also helped with determining chain length. I took my time and planned and researched so I ended up with all the correct bits! If I was doing this a year ago when I first started road riding, I wouldn't have got anywhere near this far! It's as much about understanding the jargon and getting the correct sized parts as anything else. It also helped that I was swapping bits from the old bike to the new one.

The spec is as follows:

Kinesis Racelight T frame
Deda Black Rain fork
Alpina integrated headset
Easton EA90 Stem
Ritchey Pro handlebars
Miche Performance brakes
Tiagra shifters
Tiagra front mech
105 rear mech
Sram PC951 chain
Sora compact chainset 50/34
105 cassette 11-25
Wheels: CXP-22 rims, Tiagra hubs, stainless spokes
Specialized All Condition 25c tyres
Specialized carbon seat post
Specialized saddle
Tortech bottle cage

There's still a few things to finish such as a frame protector kit, mudguards and the other small sundries such as lights, pump, Garmin bracket etc. but in essence this is it!
smile.gif

5026495737_ebb606bb35_b.jpg

5026675537_6ed6b0da3e_z.jpg

5026677295_8d6c764d9b_z.jpg

5027296824_046377e925_z.jpg

5027114410_fd1c6f972c_z.jpg

Top Bottom