Winter Bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AyJay

Über Member
Boardman-Road-Comp-main.jpg
Just bought another bike. My carbon road bike is fine but I just cannot fit any effective mudguards for the winter months. I have been looking around for a while and managed to find my ideal solution at my LBS.
Dunx Cycles in Lowestoft sell quality used and near new bikes of all descriptions. They will even build one to your own specification.
I made a visit there last week and new in was a Boardman Comp. Hardly used and capable of having mudguards fitted. Went for a test ride and was hooked!
I traded in my hybrid which I also bought from Dunx. Have now done a few miles and I am loving it. Such good value when new but even better when used.

steve50

Disenchanted Member
That is the same as mine, great all weather bike when fitted with mudguards. I have fitted Mk2 Crud catchers to mine and they look like they've always been there.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb...s=crud+road+racer+mk2&sprefix=crud,sports,149

Yeah, I need a 'winter' bike, and a 'summer' bike, and a 'slightly damp' bike, and a 'night' bike, not to mention a 'days only' bike, and possibly a 'slightly damp, but a little bit overcast' bike, and then I might as well go for a 'slightly damp, with a possibility of some sun, and maybe some rain, but not a lot of rain' bike. That way I'll have all my bases covered, seeing as I just simply can't ride in the snow. Maybe I should get a 'getting close to zero degrees, and there's a risk of snow' bike, as well.

OP
OP
AyJay

AyJay

Über Member
It came in kit form bought from my LBS. I have almost enjoyed building it as much as riding the real thing....................almost!!!!!

OP
OP
AyJay

AyJay

Über Member
View attachment 118158 Just bought another bike. My carbon road bike is fine but I just cannot fit any effective mudguards for the winter months. I have been looking around for a while and managed to find my ideal solution at my LBS.
Dunx Cycles in Lowestoft sell quality used and near new bikes of all descriptions. They will even build one to your own specification.
I made a visit there last week and new in was a Boardman Comp. Hardly used and capable of having mudguards fitted. Went for a test ride and was hooked!
I traded in my hybrid which I also bought from Dunx. Have now done a few miles and I am loving it. Such good value when new but even better when used.

Still enjoying this bike. Is it better than my carbon? It is certainly more comfortable but not quite as light. They are two different "animals" and I like them both. Which do I prefer to ride? Can't really say. After riding one of them i just have to ride the other one to keep comparing them!

Top Bottom