Winter Boots, Which ones?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

phillip scott

I just don't get on with Overshoes on my MTB pedals, I'm size 13 so they look like body bags if I'm honest. I'm looking at investing in Winter boots as I also commute to work, I was looking at Northwave on wiggle but am getting conflicting reports, can anyone throw some personal recommendations into the mix as my head is spinning. Thanks.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
People have their own favourites.
Mine are Spesh Defrosters.

ADarkDraconis

Cardinal Member
I use a pair of Khombu boots that I have had for years, hiking or cycling below freezing and trudging through snow are no problem. The label when I got them had said something about sherpas wearing them while climbing Everest or something like that, I just know that my feet are always warm and dry even in negative weather. For more professional-ish looks, I wear Skechers 'adventure' boots which are weatherproof but also look nice with my professional work attire, they still keep my feet dry but ate not as toasty or rugged as the Khombus.

Tim Hall

When I'm on my Sno Bike I use my hiking boots, as it's got flat pedals which would rip overshoes to shreds in short order.

@ADarkDraconis I just love the phrase "negative weather".

ADarkDraconis

Cardinal Member
@ADarkDraconis I just love the phrase "negative weather".
:laugh: well I was going to say negative temperatures but here in the US our negative number is quite a bit different than yours since 32° is our freezing point, so to get below zero here is more negative-ness in your measurement, lol. -1°F is about -14°C so your lower negative numbers are still above freezing here. Where I live it can often get -14° in the winter, that's about -25°C :cold: so to save myself (and possibly others) confusion I said 'negative weather' rather than trying to figure out who's negative we were using as numbers easily confuse me. ^_^ Regardless, my cozy boots work well even below that!

Ive used Specialized defrosters for a couple of years. I love ‘em, they are waterproof, warm, and have a wide toe box ( so you can wear thick thermal socks). They come with SPD and SPD-SL type soles as well.

A7C476AB-C1BA-46E8-9E6E-56955D83BDE2.jpeg

eagles633

hello i'm new here. i have the old model
Northwave Celsius 2 GTX SPD Winter Boots
love them. 10 x better than any over shoes. warm in the dry. you need some marrigold gloves to keep the rain out when it's raining though.

i see the raptors are £113 at wiggle at the moment. they have a different ankle fitting but you would probably still need the marrigolds in the wet with them. as with all cycling boots i'd expect.

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
Shimano MW81 for me the last couple of years. Have to say they are not the warmest out there as they have a vented toe which doesn't keep the wind out. I may be in the market for another pair through the Summer

Top Bottom