Winter Boots, Which ones?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Shimano MW81 and Lake for me. Much better than faffing about with overshoes.

Levo-Lon

Guru
Shimano mw81 and the warmer northwave Celsius here.
The shimano are ok but the Celsius are the cold wether boot.
I get size 44 in both and im a 43

eagles633

hello i'm new here. i have the old model
Northwave Celsius 2 GTX SPD Winter Boots
love them. 10 x better than any over shoes. warm in the dry. you need some marrigold gloves to keep the rain out when it's raining though.

i see the raptors are £113 at wiggle at the moment. they have a different ankle fitting but you would probably still need the marrigolds in the wet with them. as with all cycling boots i'd expect.
Testing posting pics

IMG_20180312_105250422_BURST000_COVER_TOP.jpg

BianchiVirgin

Über Member
Northwave Raptors all the way. Evans have them well discounted. Best shoes I've worn. Use them with Sealskinz socks. The dogs' bollocks really and using mine in the morning.

eagles633

Northwave Raptors all the way. Evans have them well discounted. Best shoes I've worn. Use them with Sealskinz socks. The dogs' bollocks really and using mine in the morning.
well cool fonzie

raleighnut

Legendary Member
I've used Diadora 'Chilli' boots for years,

604794185_2_1000x700_buty-spd-zimowe-diadora-chili-zero-mtb-46-wkladka-294cm-dodaj-zdjecia.jpg

But then the internal zip broke on one boot, they're still OK but not as warm so went for some Specialized 'Defroster' about 5yrs ago.

1 tip, buy em in spring/summer they're more likely to be 'on offer' :becool:

Julia9054

Guru
Shimano MW5 Dryshields. My choice is a limited because my feet are too small to fit into men's sizes - although this problem is getting better. Three years ago, there was little choice in my size

Top Bottom