1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Winter Boots, Which ones?

Discussion in 'Bikes and Buying Advice - What Bike?' started by phillip scott, 6 Mar 2018.

1. I’ve been using a size 45, which is a U.K. 10.5, my normal shoe size is a 10.
    phillip scott likes this.
  2. cosmicbike

cosmicbike Perhaps This One.....

Shimano MW81 for me the last couple of years. Have to say they are not the warmest out there as they have a vented toe which doesn't keep the wind out. I may be in the market for another pair through the Summer
  3. Tenacious Sloth

Tenacious Sloth Über Member

Huntingdon, UK
    I’ve been using Northwave Celsius for the last couple of years and think they are excellent.

Well made, they seem to clean up as good as new.

4. colinbow

colinbow Über Member

Shimano MW81 and Lake for me. Much better than faffing about with overshoes.
  5. GlenBen

GlenBen Über Member

Ive no complaints with my northwave raptors. Waterproof and warm. Look less booty than most boots too.
  6. meta lon

meta lon Guru

Shimano mw81 and the warmer northwave Celsius here.
    The shimano are ok but the Celsius are the cold wether boot.
    I get size 44 in both and im a 43
  7. trewlis

trewlis New Member

This looks really cool! The design looks futuristic somewhat. Love that there's technology added to it as well :smile:
  8. The Boa fasteners are a great idea.
  9. eagles633

eagles633 Active Member

Testing posting pics

10. BianchiVirgin

BianchiVirgin Active Member

Norn Iron
    Northwave Raptors all the way. Evans have them well discounted. Best shoes I've worn. Use them with Sealskinz socks. The dogs' bollocks really and using mine in the morning.
  11. eagles633

eagles633 Active Member

well cool fonzie
    BianchiVirgin and phillip scott like this.
  12. raleighnut

raleighnut Guru

On 3 Wheels
    I've used Diadora 'Chilli' boots for years,

But then the internal zip broke on one boot, they're still OK but not as warm so went for some Specialized 'Defroster' about 5yrs ago.

1 tip, buy em in spring/summer they're more likely to be 'on offer' :becool:
  13. meta lon

meta lon Guru

They are what i have,superb boots
  14. Julia9054

Julia9054 Veteran

Shimano MW5 Dryshields. My choice is a limited because my feet are too small to fit into men's sizes - although this problem is getting better. Three years ago, there was little choice in my size