Winter Olympics

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Baldy

Über Member
It's all artificial snow, where it's being held is very cold but a desert, so no precipitation.

It's all artificial snow, where it's being held is very cold but a desert, so no precipitation.
As a non skier I don't know the answer, but will this affect the quality of the skiing and the competition at all?

lazybloke

Considering a new username
As a non skier I don't know the answer, but will this affect the quality of the skiing and the competition at all?

Must be 17 years since I've been the slopes, but I definitely remember the skis running differently as I passed the snow cannon.

Hmm. Probably I was just noticing the difference between compacted & uncompacted snow.

To put it another way, I don't know. :wacko:

Baldy

Über Member
As it's all artificial snow there's none of the contrasting patches of different snow. And, they all have to ski the same sloop so it's the same for everyone.

Alex321

Veteran
Are the skiing and snowboarding events going to have enough natural snow, or will there be reliance on artificial snow for them?
That venue gets an average of 8 inches of snow per year. So no chance of enough natural snow

Alex321

Veteran
A little and no, respectively.

It does affect the quality of the skiing, but it will be the same for all of them, and it doesn't affect the quality as much for that level of racing, because the pistes are always artificially iced up anyhow for the races.

Top Bottom