"winter" riding

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Oops, forgot to check the weather forecast for tonight's ride. Just found out we're expecting evening showers/flurries. I've got stuff for cold but, not wet, with me. The radar shows more blue than green so I might be OK ...

coming your way.jpg

Drago

Legendary Member
You should be ok. That big red X will shelter you.

Lovely part of the world imo I was lucky enough to have worked in Boston for a few years and stayed with friends whilst there, in fact if i was going to live anywhere on the east coast it would be Boston. I’d have to say it’s one of the few places in the states that actually seems to be cyclist friendly. Of course I visited Harris cycles shame it was after Sheldon had passed away.

as I’ve said a truly lovely place, I also love that the burbs just outside of Boston are all named after towns where I live now in the UK, no imagination those boring old settlers

Harris cycles shame it was after Sheldon had passed away
I used to bike commute to an office down the street from them. brought in an old beater from the '70s for a little help one day & apologized for the Frankenstein monster that it was. the mechanic shrugged his shoulders, & said: "it's a bike". I always felt welcome there & they have a great selection of old parts

Drago

Legendary Member
I worked for a while a fair distance to the West in Pennsylvania. When it snowed, it certainly snowed!

Yes it sure is a proper lbs I hope they’ve survived. Once the farkwit Trump is gone I’m looking forward to my next visit to the USA it’s been too long

I work for an American company and my family are Irish it’s super weird but when I’m in the US I feel at home like I do when I’m back in Ireland

I used to bike commute to an office down the street from them. brought in an old beater from the '70s for a little help one day & apologized for the Frankenstein monster that it was. the mechanic shrugged his shoulders, & said: "it's a bike". I always felt welcome there & they have a great selection of old parts

I lived for a fair while on the upper west side Manhattan and walked 40 blocks each way to work for a very long time, in hindsight a very peaceful time of my life

Drago

Legendary Member
The Americans thought I was weird because I walked the mile to the office instead of taking one of the company trucks home. My close colleagues thought I was even weirder because I left my pistola locked in my desk drawer instead of taking it home. But for all that they were generally very pleasant and loved my 'English' accent, even though I'm actually Scottish...

Top Bottom