Winter road bike ideas

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
Why do I think you have an old Defy?

Id say that’s better value, esp with SRAM force. Same issue with mudguards and tyres though

OP
OP
fraz101

fraz101

Looks in good nick. Perhaps a little overpriced. Make an offer?

I’ve asked what he’d take minus the Garmin and shortened stem.

Edit he will take £350.

Need to have a think, Id prefer disk brakes for winter and would allow more clearance for mudguards.

But I like the frame and deal…

Last edited:

AndyRM

XOXO
I’ve asked what he’d take minus the Garmin and shortened stem.

Edit he will take £350.

Need to have a think, Id prefer disk brakes for winter and would allow more clearance for mudguards.

But I like the frame and deal…

They're cracking frames. I'd go for it, but it's up to you.

iandg

Legendary Member
I have a Genesis Equilibrium. I ride it all year round and just put mudguards and heavier tyres on in the winter.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Why was that ? We used to have guys on fixed and they were so fluid it was weeks before I noticed they didn't have mechs.

I think a lot were track racers and had a great range of cadence.

Just be careful on sizing Boardman's sized by seat tube so that's liable to be a medium 56 top tube ok if your average height

november4

I do have a hybrid with mud guards but last winter I never used it at all

Depends on your locality, I live near Coast and its usually breezy, but east coast so not as much rain as west coast over winter, this is scotland.

I found 3dg C and 16mph is limit for comfort, I don't go out in rain, the hybrid sit up position is a literal drag so I just used my road bike (no mud guards) all year round and clean the chain/cassette after each winter ride- sand and dust

Top Bottom