Winter shoes?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
My current road shoes let water in fairly quickly. I do have some overshoes which help a bit but was wondering if a specific winter shoe would help in soggy conditions and does anyone have any they would recommend?
Cheers, Neil

I've had a pair of THESE for a few years now and they've been tremendous.

I have a pair by Specialized the defroster boot. On my commute of 1.5hrs they keep me warm in cotton socks. However, they dont breathe terribly well so you may want to consider a pair like those above with goretex.

Either way I can heartily recommend getting a decent set for winter.

Kestevan

Last of the Summer Winos
Sidi Hydro (Spd-Sl) or the equivalent Diablo(Spd).

Without a doubt the best thing I ever bought for winter commuting.

Ciar

Veteran
good question this, just to ask along the same lines can anyone recommend a pair for riding flats?

Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Formerly just_fixed

yello

I have the NorthWave Fahrenheit shoes. They work, no problems with their functionality at all. I do find there's a bit of a transition to go through in wearing them though, after a summer of lightweight shoes. They feel cumbersome and restrictive by comparison. I must admit to sometimes preferring my summer shoes with winter socks and overshoes, depending on factors (length of ride primarily).

Milo

Guru
How are these sort of shoes for walking out of interest? Always wanted spd shoes were the cleats don't rub as I quite often do a lot of walking on some of my rides and find it annoying crunching along with my current shoes.

I personally dont like northwave, bought a set that fell apart very quickly, but lots do.

What sold me on the specialized were the boa fasteners, sad I know.

I don't think they are designed for walking much, mine make quite a sold but no different to my spds, which is unsurprising really.

I wear then with leg warmers and make sure that the leg warmers go over the boot, to stop water flowing in.

Top Bottom