Winter shoes?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Paul99

Über Member
Walk along fine with SPD's. You might find them a little bit strange and/or slippy on concrete and polished floors at first but you soon get used to it.

Ciar

Veteran
Wellington boots.

ooh green or black, which do you think would suit flats more....

Paul99

Über Member
ooh green or black, which do you think would suit flats more....
These are bike specific, and would probably be ok with some decent socks.

Shimano AM41
Various offerings from Five Ten
Shimano MT91 has a cleat cover but look heavy!

If you have your heart set on wellies then definitely go black.:thumbsup:

Ciar

Veteran
These are bike specific, and would probably be ok with some decent socks.

Shimano AM41
Various offerings from Five Ten
Shimano MT91 has a cleat cover but look heavy!

If you have your heart set on wellies then definitely go black.:thumbsup:

haha, i think the wellies might impede me somewhat, cheers for the info though i shall go check those out :smile:

Cletus Van Damme

Previously known as Cheesney Hawks
http://www.wiggle.co.uk/shimano-mw81-gore-tex-winter-mountain-bike-boots/

I have the older version of these, best cycling related item I have ever bought, used 6-7 months of the year in rain/ice/cold days and all through winter :thumbsup:

I have had the older versions which below -5 were a bit cold. The newer versions are far superior. I sold a pair to Greg on here...I missed them so much I've just bought a new pair.

I am going to buy a pair of these I just wondered if you have any ideas regarding sizing please I will be getting them online. With Specialized BG shoes I have to go one full size up using regular cycling socks. I wondered are these similar, on the small side please?

Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Formerly just_fixed
I am going to buy a pair of these I just wondered if you have any ideas regarding sizing please I will be getting them online. With Specialized BG shoes I have to go one full size up using regular cycling socks. I wondered are these similar, on the small side please?
They're ok for me on length but are a bit snug. But if I'd gone up a size they'd have been too long in the toe box. They are loosening up a bit more with use though.

U

User6179

I've had a pair of THESE for a few years now and they've been tremendous.

How is the fit on these?, I currently wear shimano shoes that are 2 sizes bigger and in a wide fit which means I can wear hiking socks in the winter .

fossala

Guru
I have a pair of MW80's they seem a bit bigger than my RT82 in the same size (47). Both are fine though.

david k

Hi
My current road shoes let water in fairly quickly. I do have some overshoes which help a bit but was wondering if a specific winter shoe would help in soggy conditions and does anyone have any they would recommend?
Cheers, Neil
ive use aldo ones with socks over the top for a couple of years an theyve worked well to keep my feet warm, not dry obviously , just bought some aldi overshoes so fingers crossed

Kies

ive use aldo ones with socks over the top for a couple of years an theyve worked well to keep my feet warm, not dry obviously , just bought some aldi overshoes so fingers crossed

Another good trick over winter is to gaffa tape the front of the shoe (don't forget the vent underneath),it stops the cold air and water getting in. A decent overshoe will keep the feet warm.

Edit: and hide the gaffa tape ;)

Last edited:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
What are the shoes like in the hissing rain. Do they keep your feet dry, do the shoes stay fairly dry?

Tempted, but I've always found good overshoes enough to keep the weather out. Never had an issue with wet feet with the BBB Hardwear overshoes, but would value some opinion on these boots.

Can see the advantage on dry or damp days of the boots in winter as there would be no messing with overshoes.

potsy

Rambler
Best cycling relaed thing I have bought, ever.

You still need a way to stop the rain getting in like overtrousers or else your feet will get wet, they are warm though and ideal for winter wet or dry.
Mine will be going on soon and doubt they'll come off until Easter :thumbsup:

Top Bottom