Winter socks - which are best

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
OK - so winter's en route. And I think it might be a cold one ... so

Which socks are best for winter? I've got:

Endura BaaBaa's - good, but wore out quickly last year
Aldi's - long-lasting but not as warm
Sealskinz waterproof - for wet days

Any other ideas? What are Altura Night Vision socks like?

benb

Evidence based cyclist
I like DeFeet Wollie Boolies

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
I use thermal socks bought from the local discount shoe place :smile: , works a treat with decent overshoes which i think are the key .
Dayvo`s link is good and i agree with the rating for the BBB ones as i had a pair a couple of year ago and they were the business .

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
I suffered really badly with cold feet last year and, even with overshoes, Woolie Boolies didn't keep my feet warm. However, someone recommended ''Heat Holders'' and, though it was too late in the winter to try them out in really cold conditions by the time I got a pair, they seemed really warm. They're really bulky though so if your shoes are tight they might not fit.

bobones

Veteran
De Feet Woollie Bollie's are OK, but not that special. My favourite combination for wet and cold is Sealskinz with Gore Race Power Thermo overshoes. Helps to have roomy shoes without vents in the soles.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Oh glad this subject came up. I don't suffer cold feet unless it's frosty/icy/-15 :laugh: . I have a really good pair of overshes that are waterproof, but would rather not use them on dry days. Are sealskins best for 'windproof-ness'. I get away with Aldi winter socks and a basic windproof overshoe in the cold. Would rather ditch overshoes when not wet !

Top Bottom