Winter socks - which are best

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
I've ordered some :thumbsup:....worth a try :smile:

It's usually my cold feet which are the limiting factor in determining how far I ride.
Let us know how you get on with them. If you can't get your shoes on over them, you can always use them as indoor socks - they're great for walking on cold uncarpeted floors:smile:

sittingbull

Veteran
Amazon have them with free delivery here -> CLICK ME
Thanks......I ordered some off eBay for a fiver posted :smile:
Let us know how you get on with them. If you can't get your shoes on over them, you can always use them as indoor socks - they're great for walking on cold uncarpeted floors:smile:
I will do although I'll be waiting for the colder (icey) months so I get the benefit from them, my feet are OK at present but I know they'll only get worse. My shoes are slightly generous in size so should be OK :thumbsup:

potsy

Rambler
Been using DHB thermal socks and Endura Thermalites, these combined with my winter boots have been great.
Might get a couple of pairs of the Aldi ones next week to 'top up' my winter wardrobe :thumbsup:

Got overshoes but hate the faff of getting them on and off, winter boots keep my feet as dry and warm and are much easier to live with day to day imo.

sittingbull

Veteran
Got overshoes but hate the faff of getting them on and off, winter boots keep my feet as dry and warm and are much easier to live with day to day imo.

I haven't got winter boots and my all year round shoes are a kind of suede, which once wet, take days to dry out :sad:

My neoprene overshoes have been great, significantly warmer than without them (although still cold in icey conditions). They keep out the water for (probably) over an hour and also proptect my shoes from the road grime and slush etc. :smile:

Davidc

Guru
They do some with built in grips on the bottom for use in the house. I bought some and use them a lot.

I have some larger cycling shoes for use with my normal ones.

Bridgedale socks serve me well. And they're made in Nornirn.

norn iron, norn iron? really?

wanda2010

Guru
I suffered really badly with cold feet last year and, even with overshoes, Woolie Boolies didn't keep my feet warm. However, someone recommended ''Heat Holders'' and, though it was too late in the winter to try them out in really cold conditions by the time I got a pair, they seemed really warm. They're really bulky though so if your shoes are tight they might not fit.

I used a pair last year and have ordered another for this winter. I have a combination of woolly socks, ski socks and very thick tights and overshoes to get me through the winter. The ultimate weapon: heated insoles :thumbsup:

potsy

Rambler
Got some of these the other day, combined with my thermal insulated boots I am ready for anything :cold:
warm feet.jpg

Top Bottom