Winter socks - which are best

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Saluki

World class procrastinator
Thanks for the link. We have been wondering about socks and overshoes just lately.

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
Gah, overshoes cost more than I thought they might! I'm going to have to do something as my cheap crappy spd shoes are more vent than anything else and my feet are going numb through cold and we're not even properly through Autumn yet!

G2EWS

I took up astrophotography last year - gave it up soon after - hands and feet got so cold as you are obviously standing around in the middle of the night.

As well as good socks and gloves I bought a box of hand warmers similar to this:

http://www.gooutdoors.co.uk/disposable-hot-pad-hand-warmer-p116501

Once activated they keep you nice and snug. Not sure how it will work down my socks with my cycling shoes and overshoes on! But always willing to give it a try!!

Also have an electric back warmer that is awesome. As I suffer with two discs embedded in my spinal cord I might just need this on the very cold journeys. But I will have to wait and see how it goes.

Regards

Chris

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
Gah, overshoes cost more than I thought they might! I'm going to have to do something as my cheap crappy spd shoes are more vent than anything else and my feet are going numb through cold and we're not even properly through Autumn yet!

PX do some cheap overshoes I have heard, not checked though.

ohnovino

Large Member
Aldi/Lidl ski socks are great in cold (but dry) weather.

Davidc

Guru
I suffered really badly with cold feet last year and, even with overshoes, Woolie Boolies didn't keep my feet warm. However, someone recommended ''Heat Holders'' and, though it was too late in the winter to try them out in really cold conditions by the time I got a pair, they seemed really warm. They're really bulky though so if your shoes are tight they might not fit.
Been using these since someone recommended them on here 3 years ago - brilliant

Top Bottom