Winter Solo Tent

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

chris__P

I am what you would call an ultra-ultra-budget tourer and I have been using this tent http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Solo-One-Pers...re_HikingCamping_Tents_JN?hash=item3a513f5a08

bought off ebay, I think I paid £35 for it and its £25 now. Well, you probably want something a little more reputable than this, but for the price this is not bad at all - it is waterproof and condensation free. On the down side the poles are plastic and have broken, but nothing gaffa tape can't fix. the big plus point of this tent for me is that it is absolutley amazing for wild camping. i can disappear into the tiniest of spaces and the tent becomes almost invisible. if you do have £300 to spend then i am sure you will find much better. if, like me, you don't, this ain't bad

chris__P

sorry didn't read through the whole thread. as a discalimer to my little tent, if you are taller than 5'10, this tent probably isn't for you

rich p

ridiculous old lush
chris__P said:
sorry didn't read through the whole thread. as a discalimer to my little tent, if you are taller than 5'10, this tent probably isn't for you

Is there room in there for any of the girls you pull, Chris?:smile:

Crankarm

Guru
Holagaz said:
I've finally took the plunge for the Hilleberg Akto. I'm aware of the issues (I think) but once something is in my head, I just have to go with it. Thanks for all the advice. The upshot is that I now have a Vaude Taurus Ultralight for sale. It is as new in that it has only been used for one overnighter and is absolutely mint. It would pass for new if somebody wanted it for a Christmas present. PS (I wanted the Hilleberg because it was smaller than the Vaude...there is nothing wrong with the Vaude, it is a great tent). If somebody drops me a line, I will give them my number if they are interested. I am only after £100 plus the postage, so it is a real bargain.
Thanks,

I have one of these. I find it an excellent tent. Yours would certainly be worth £100 if in mint condition IMHO. I'm only a fair weather camper so it is more than adequate for me.

Top Bottom