Winter Solstice

• Thread starter Deleted member 26715
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Venod

Eh up
What irritates me is that its only 2 months since we put the clocks back, but its 3 months before we put them forward, sunset here is 1 minute later than yesterday.

Last edited:

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Who's doing what with the extra second this evening?

Mornings still get later for a while though.
I just wasted my second before it arrived trying to remember whether it was the mornings or the evenings which still get later.

craigwend

Grimpeur des terrains plats
Not only humans,but animal life and plant life suffers from the lack of sunlight this time of the year. I've been feeding my palm tree extra rations of banana skins to boost his potassium,magnesium and vitamins B6 and B12 levels. It's his first winter outside,so he's going to need extra mollycoddling! If he hadn't grown so much due to that long hot summer i'd be tempted to take him to the local sunbed salon for a :sun:boost. :unsure:

Levo-Lon

Guru
Another SAD git here, but today sees an improvement, psychologically speaking, as we soon start to head for lighter, warmer days.

In fact I'm off to India again for 10 weeks in 10 days time, so I'll be all right thanks, Jack! :sun: :becool:

Very nice , enjoy

classic33

Leg End Member
What irritates me is that its only 2 months since we put the clocks back, but its 3 months before we put them forward, sunset here is 1 minute later than yesterday.
You get the extra second tomorrow, not today.

Mr Celine

Discordian
Mornings, but you get the extra second this evening.

Extra second? I had an extra 109 tonight.
Sunset was at it's earliest on the 14th -

upload_2018-12-21_18-18-18.png

Compare that with today's -

upload_2018-12-21_18-20-8.png

So sunset 1 minute 49 seconds later than last Friday.
Sunrise was however over 5 minutes later. The winter solstice isn't until 22:23 tonight.

classic33

Leg End Member
[QUOTE 5477367, member: 9609"]I have just been out and rang the bell 22:23hrs that special moment has arrived., the sun at this precise moment in time has done an about turn and is now heading back towards our hemisphere, and we are now in the true season of winter ^_^ and the days will slowly but surely begin to lengthen.[/QUOTE]
Did you wake the neighbours?

Top Bottom