Winter Solstice

• Thread starter Deleted member 26715
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I don’t know about you lot but as I get older the time just flies by

Yesterday seemed like Halloween!

So today’s solstice is great but I think time just seems to speed up

50 in Feb so that date I know it’s light when I cycle to work
So not long to go!

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
I also dont like this time of the year if it is not sunny.

But if it stays this mild if will be an easy winter. Plus its good to know the daylight hours are increasing.

Heltor Chasca

Out-riding the Black Dog
[QUOTE 5477367, member: 9609"]I have just been out and rang the bell 22:23hrs that special moment has arrived., the sun at this precise moment in time has done an about turn and is now heading back towards our hemisphere, and we are now in the true season of winter ^_^ and the days will slowly but surely begin to lengthen.[/QUOTE]

I like to honour and stay connected to the seasons as well as knitting bike parts from jackdaw yoghurt. I used to use a bell too.

I have a Tibetan bell, which has a lovely tone and is useful for activities where I need to be mindful. Trouble is, I got a bit bored a few years ago and I trained my flock of chickens to come to me when I rung the bell. Useful if I needed to do a headcount, remove sick birds, identifying breeding groups etc. It is amazing, because I only had to bell-train one generation of birds, and they seem to pass it onto any offspring or newcomers. Unfortunately I can’t use the bell for anything else now, or else you’ll get set upon by a squadron of chickens.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 26715

Having just past half way, trying to be cheerful but we're going back down the slope, isn't it being light from 5am to 10pm so much better than 8am to 3pm.

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
Having just past half way, trying to be cheerful but we're going back down the slope, isn't it being light from 5am to 10pm so much better than 8am to 3pm.

Yes mostly.

Except if you want an early night, and you have to wait for the chickens to go to bed, before you can shut them in.

They will insist on sitting outside, gawping at the sunset.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
If it wasn't for it being light after tea you could be forgiven for thinking we'd just passed the winter solstice and not the summer one. Miserable grey skies and way below July average temperatures make it seem more like autumn than summer. Ah well,i'm off to the cemetery soon to visit my dead relatives. That should cheer me up no end(!):unsure:

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
If it wasn't for it being light after tea you could be forgiven for thinking we'd just passed the winter solstice and not the summer one. Miserable grey skies and way below July average temperatures make it seem more like autumn than summer. Ah well,i'm off to the cemetery soon to visit my dead relatives. That should cheer me up no end(!):unsure:

Yes, never forget that you're a long time dead.

So, given that, why would you pass up a chance to spread a little misery around, whilst you still have it in you :rolleyes:

Meditating on the fact of one's own inevitable demise is very useful.

The luckiest person dead, would probs give anything at all, to still be alive now...

Enjoy..

Oh no, and I've got a joke about visiting a cemetery.. Not sure if its in such good taste, though.

"Wavers'... :blush:

Ps you'll be pleased to hear that it's baking hot, here in Devon :smile:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!

It's dry, and warm, and the trails are dusty again - what's not to like.

classic33

Leg End Member
Yes, never forget that you're a long time dead.

So, given that, why would you pass up a chance to spread a little misery around, whilst you still have it in you :rolleyes:

Meditating on the fact of one's own inevitable demise is very useful.

The luckiest person dead, would probs give anything at all, to still be alive now...

Enjoy..

Oh no, and I've got a joke about visiting a cemetery.. Not sure if its in such good taste, though.

"Wavers'... :blush:

Ps you'll be pleased to hear that it's baking hot, here in Devon :smile:
Having been there, it's not, in my opinion, as good as you make out.

Top Bottom