Wire stretched across cycle path

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Chap sur le velo

Über Member
Might be worth a call to Matthew Parris...
I'm intrigued?

Solocle

Über Member
This is NCN 1.

I suggest while the perpetrator is at large, seconding one lane of the nearest road alternative as a bidirection cycleway:
1616681950908.png

A few concrete barriers, job jobbed!

HMS_Dave

Grand Old Lady
Other than impractical solutions such as camera's everywhere, or chopping down every tree or removing every pole and pretty much everything cheese wire can be tied to near a cycle way, perhaps the only solution right now is that cyclists slow down on cycle ways or just avoid them altogether. Perhaps its that's the aim of the offenders but id rather keep my head... They are still isolated incidents but one that i feel is catching on...

Last edited:

Solocle

Über Member
Oh, now I see, very humourous...... not. A serious topic so lets not belittle it by childish stupid comments that will possibly inflame the situation or perpetrator if they get into the wider public domain
Not close the whole thing, just one lane of the southbound carriageway. It would bypass the area where this form of attack has now happened twice, with no significant detour.

And it might discourage the sort who do this from doing it in the future, if it's clear that a safe route will be maintained, to the detriment of motorists.

Top Bottom