Wireless brakes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

phil_hg_uk

I am not a member, I am a free man !!!!!!
:ohmy:

benb

Evidence based cyclist
My first response is - why?
But I'm sure when electronic shifting was first developed, a lot of people said why - and it's now quite popular.

Give it 10 years and it will probably be standard.

Mad at urage

Given the problems that some people have reported with wireless computers (re. very strange recorded speeds etc) I don't think I would trust them: You are relying on them being absolutely impervious to interference and wireless/bluetooth systems just are not there.

benb

Evidence based cyclist
Given the problems that some people have reported with wireless computers (re. very strange recorded speeds etc) I don't think I would trust them: You are relying on them being absolutely impervious to interference and wireless/bluetooth systems just are not there.

The wireless shifters seem to be pretty dependable. Obviously brakes are more critical to work 100% of the time.

If wireless is dodgy they could be wired through the frame like an old dynamo?

Built into the material of the bike perhaps?

PpPete

Legendary Member
according to computer algorithms that would normally be used in control systems for aircraft or chemical factories, the system should offer 99.999999999997 percent reliability - that means it would fail three times out of a trillion braking attempts.
fair odds you say... but don't forget aircraft fly with triple redundant systems. So you'd want three separate actuators on each wheel ...

ahem, did someone say "weight" ?

Top Bottom