Wireless cateye problems

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

13 rider

Guru
My wireless cateye bike computer has stopped recording it starts for about a minute then just stops but now it just not working . I have checked magnet position and sender changed battery on sender but no joy. Main display unit seems fine as it always display time . Any suggestions please or is it dead .

Hugh Manatee

Veteran
It is a while ago but does the sender unit make a sort of ticking noise when the magnet passes it?

OP
OP
13 rider

13 rider

Guru
Rechecked it does make a quiet click when magnet passes sensor . just changed battery in head display unit and it now works :rolleyes: .Searched for previous thread and found that suggestion was convinced it couldn't be that as head unit seemed to work fine

mick1836

Über Member
My wireless cateye bike computer has stopped recording it starts for about a minute then just stops but now it just not working . I have checked magnet position and sender changed battery on sender but no joy. Main display unit seems fine as it always display time . Any suggestions please or is it dead .

I had exactly the same problem and twice fitted new batteries to the fork sensor unit as well as moved the sensor position, thinking that the sensor was faulty I ordered a new one then tried a new battery in the head unit and hey presto all now works fine, luckily able to cancel the replacement. :smile: But who would have thought that what appeared to be a failing signal was down to the head unit and not the sender?

bruce1530

Guru
Mine works fine normally, but doesn’t work at all when my lights are on.

It’s a Solarstorm light with external battery pack that causes the problem, and unless the cable is routed well away from the Cateye, the main unit doesn’t pick up signal from the sender when the power is on.

Which makes me think that either the Cateye is very sensitive to interference, or the light unit produces a lot of RF, or both....

PatrickPending

Legendary Member
Mine works fine normally, but doesn’t work at all when my lights are on.

It’s a Solarstorm light with external battery pack that causes the problem, and unless the cable is routed well away from the Cateye, the main unit doesn’t pick up signal from the sender when the power is on.

Which makes me think that either the Cateye is very sensitive to interference, or the light unit produces a lot of RF, or both....

A bit of both, the brightness of some led lights is achieved by pulsing them on and off very rapidly, this can produce electromagnetic interference which in turn can overwhelm some wireless cycle computers. It might work if you operate the lights on full, or locate the light further away from the computer...

Top Bottom