Wireless holiday music which never surfaced in the UK...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Wow. Everyone I knew who calls radio "the wireless" is over 80. Wireless means wifi network to me, and I am over 50.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
This was er... big in Spain about 30 years ago.
While no doubt Sabrina has "gone south" in the intervening years, I'm not sure if this hit ever came north.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
While no doubt Sabrina has "gone south" in the intervening years, I'm not sure if this hit ever came north.

It was a huge hit in the UK at the time too. Reaching #3 (in the days when #1 singles had to sell tens of thousands.)

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member

Yes, Sabrina had a couple of big hits :eek: in the UK - this was definitely on TOTP back in the day and almost certainly resulted in letters to Points of View from a tea-splutterer in Tunbridge Wells...;)

Glow worm

Legendary Member
Modern Talking has to be up there with one of the top European 80s bands never to have made it over here. Every now and then I pick up the French/ Dutch radio when out on the E. Anglian coast and hear them played still. A nice blast from the past. Heard this one today as it happens on FM in Clacton on Sea from a Belgian station (Joe FM 104.1)

my second off topic post to this thread .....

I listen to a lot of USAsian podcasts. In the US (where the word for weeks off work is "vacation") they use holiday according to it's origin: "holy day". So if they want a non-sectarian way to refer Christmas, Hanukah, Kwanzaa, New Year, Saturnalia etc etc they call it "holiday". So I just took "holiday music" in the thread title as a euphemism for Christmas, and wondered why people were posting pool side videos.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
I'd love to post the song we constantly heard on earthquake this summer but as I don't speak Italian I've no idea what it is called or what the artists name is.

Top Bottom