Wireless keyboard and mouse problems

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Spinney

Bimbleur extraordinaire
PC, running windows 7
Logitech wireless keyboard and mouse

Sometimes the keyboard freezes - I press keys and nothing happens. After a few seconds to a minute, it comes back. Ditto the mouse, although not usually at the same time as the keyboard freezes.

Both work via the same small widget thingy that plugs into a USB port on my computer.

I've tried a different keyboard and mouse (same model), tried new batteries, tried restarting the computer, tried switching the keyboard or mouse off then on again.

There doesn't seem to be any software online to update.

Any ideas, please?

Different USB slot as the power is getting interrupted on that one?

Milkfloat

An Peanut
I would suggest keeping your task manager open and when it happens take a quick peak to see if one of the processes is using up a lot of resources, especially a virus checker.

Nibor

Bewildered
where is the USB port on the PC located if it is under the desk it may be worth using a USB extension lead to locate the dongle on the top of your desk. My colleague had similar issues and i gave him a lead and no more issues.

OP
OP
Spinney

Spinney

Bimbleur extraordinaire
It's under the desk, but the port I am using at the moment is on the front of the computer, not buried at the back, but still around a metre from the mouse. Worth a try, though, thank you.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I had similar problems so I stopped using the wireless mouse and plugged a cable one in instead. It's a nuisance because I can't sit at a desk these days. The cable keeps pulling the mouse off the arm of my sofa.

Globalti

Legendary Member
If you live in Manchester I'll send my teenager round and he'll have you sorted PDQ. Cheap too, beer tokens accepted.

OP
OP
Spinney

Spinney

Bimbleur extraordinaire
If you live in Manchester I'll send my teenager round and he'll have you sorted PDQ. Cheap too, beer tokens accepted.
Too far away for that, but thanks for volunteering him!
Have a virtual beer... :cheers:

where is the USB port on the PC located if it is under the desk it may be worth using a USB extension lead to locate the dongle on the top of your desk. My colleague had similar issues and i gave him a lead and no more issues.

What nibor said, had the same situation and sorted with same solution.

OP
OP
Spinney

Spinney

Bimbleur extraordinaire

What nibor said, had the same situation and sorted with same solution.

Extension lead arrived Saturday, it hasn't frozen since - thanks! It's been bugging me for ages.

Top Bottom