wish me luck....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
:whistle:....as I have to 'fess up to Mrs SBIB that I've come down from my mum's with another stray bike to get fettled and working again.

It's an oldish Dahon 'bike in a bag' folder that is completely unused. Not sure whether to cannibalise it to my Birdy frame or get it going and use it as a runabout as is.

assuming I survive the grand unveiling in a few minutes

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
:whistle:....as I have to 'fess up to Mrs SBIB that I've come down from my mum's with another stray bike to get fettled and working again.

It's an oldish Dahon 'bike in a bag' folder that is completely unused. Not sure whether to cannibalise it to my Birdy frame or get it going and use it as a runabout as is.

assuming I survive the grand unveiling in a few minutes

Good luck. Your going to need it indeed.

OP
OP
shouldbeinbed

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
She'll be fine...say it's for her!!!

It sort of is, with my Brompton, now we can take a car trip out for a ride around, she's new to bikes and not too confident on gears yet, this one is the same 7 speed twist grip as her step through & low enough for her to be happy getting on and off.
Gone rather quiet since yesterday....:ohmy:

still alive :smile:

OP
OP
shouldbeinbed

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
Do you think that we might all be going to where SBIB lived for a memorial service soon? Starting to worry now.

Ah, we posted at the same time. Feeling much relieved now :bicycle:

Service in Manchester Cathederal with full honours, family cremation and my ashes scattered in the waters above the Lagavulin distillery. I'll become a homeopathic part of my favourite tipple :smile:

OP
OP
shouldbeinbed

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
Mrs SBIB is coming round to the idea now she knows its her bike as much as mine: I've done the few bits needed to get it going and roadworthy to my satisfaction (lights & mirror), cleaned, lubed and (very minor) adjusted, switched the saddle for a Spare Brompton one I had and put some better folding pedals on (shown in bottom pic). The rear dropout is either the work of a cyclist hater or a raving idiot but apart from that the bike is not a bad thing - longer riding will be the acid test tho.

Pics:

WP_20140417_16_30_56_Pro_zps2175af15.jpg

NB - I've figured the pedal is in the wrong position there, the drive side one works better as the floor one IMO.
WP_20140417_16_46_47_Pro_zps45d80272.jpg

Compared to my Brompton (weighs the same too)
WP_20140417_17_32_03_Pro_zpsccb4d9e4.jpg

Top Bottom