Women’s Rugby World Cup

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Beebo

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
England thrash SA.
Next up. Quarter final against Auz.

Chromatic

Legendary Member
Barring a major slip up England should make it to the final. NZ will be a tough test.

Yes, they should get to the final ok, I just have a nagging worry that New Zealand in their own back yard might be too much. Mind you, that's assuming NZ make it to the final, they may not but it's unlikely they won't.

OP
OP
Beebo

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
England comfortably beat Aus.
Barring a calamity it’s looking like an Eng v NV final. Which will be a 50/50 game.

Which will be a 50/50 game

Does that mean you think it will be a draw?! Get off the fence!

I would like England to severely underestimate the Canucks and for the maple leafs to really control their propensity to give away cheap penalties, then England would have to work for their place in the final. Sadly, I do not envisage this happening, so the best two teams play in the final.
Th difficultly England have is that being fully pro, they are so much better than almost all other countries and do not play against tough opposition regularly. They, and us, will find out how good they are against the black ferns. I say it will be a 51/49 match, advantage to home nation.
Either way it should be a good game.

OP
OP
Beebo

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
It was too early for me, but sounds like Canada really gave England a game.
France currently beating NZ at half time.

sounds like Canada really gave England a game

Certainly did, which will have done the english no harm. Canada’s pack is just about on a par with the englsih, so it was the backs who made the difference today, classy running. It could have been different if the canucks pressed their advantage when the english had one in the sin bin. A great effort from the amateurs 🇨🇦.

OP
OP
Beebo

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
England down to 14 players after 20 mins.
They are going to have to play three quarters of the game with a player down.

If they win it will be ugly, strick it up your jumper stuff.

Top Bottom