Women's Clothes for a Man

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SWSteve

Guru
I've been looking around and seeing quite a few tights/longs in women's sizes/products which are cheaper than men's counterparts! Is there anything I should look out for if buying these? I wouldn't be buying jersey's/bibs, but thermal unpadded longs I can wear with different shorts/longs as an extra layer ready for when the weather goes back cold again.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Er, aren't women a different shape to men! :thumbsup:

(For example - I would be very slim if I got back down to a 32 inch waist but that would be a pretty large waist size for a woman.)

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Unless you are very short, I think the thermal longs would not fit. They would probably end at your hips.

the_mikey

Legendary Member
I think the biggest problem may be down to the size of hips/waist and proportional size of legs. Womens clothing seems to be made for a certain body shape that surely must frustrate women who's bodies don't conform to the fashion (or sportswear) industry dogma.

OP
OP
S

SWSteve

Guru
Am 5'7 and not the slimmest. The idea was to order somme women's and then if the sizes are well off then return them, and buy blokes clothes. I wondered if anyone else did this as I have seen some which are £10 cheaper than the equivalent bloke togs

vickster

Legendary Member
Padding will be a different shape on the women's clothing. When I was ahem larger, I had men's shorts, they were always very uncomfortable. Just look at cycle-clothing.co.uk and tenn for cheap men's stuff as well as Decathlon. Plus ebay and general googling

I would pay the tenner and have clothes that fit anatomically

vickster

Legendary Member
That's ok then, might be too long in the leg though if you need larger sizes - what waist size are you and what inside leg? A lot of women's clothing will be a max waist of 34" - size 18. You may also find you have the waistband below your moobs as women's clothing tends to be deeper from waist to crotch as we have higher waists and bigger hips (actually we have waists and hips)

Just make sure you get the end of line pink kit for the best prices

If you want unpadded, you might find running gear is decent prices rather than cycling which seems to carry a premium

OP
OP
S

SWSteve

Guru
That's ok then, might be too long in the leg though if you need larger sizes - what waist size are you and what inside leg? A lot of women's clothing will be a max waist of 34" - size 18. You may also find you have the waistband below your moobs as women's clothing tends to be deeper from waist to crotch as we have higher waists and bigger hips (actually we have waists and hips)

Just make sure you get the end of line pink kit for the best prices

If you want unpadded, you might find running gear is decent prices rather than cycling which seems to carry a premium

I've looked at running stuff as well, but it doesn't seem to mention how good it is at keeping you warm. I'm a 32-34 depending on what jean/trouser and a 30" leg. This may make things difficult

vickster

Legendary Member
It may well do, you'll find them too long - I have a similar waist size to you I'd say but probably a 34" leg. You may be ok if you pull them right up. I guess you'll need to order some and see how they are - you'll need a size 16-18 (L-XL-XXL depending on the brand)

Just suck it up and pay the extra for men's kit, false economy if it doesn't fit. Will keep your belly warm though if pulled right up

Top Bottom