womens clothing

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

charrando

i am struggling to find padded women's shorts and leggings that have a good fit. It seems all that i am finding are designed for the more petite woman. I'm 5'9" and about a size 12 and have yet to find any that look like they would fit well. Obviously with the current situation it's ordering online only so unable to go and try anything on. Could anyone offer any decent brands or stockists that won't break the bank too much?

vickster

Legendary Member
Size 12 is petite :laugh: (I’m a 16-18)
It depends on your budget, but Gore, Pearl Izumi, Altura are sensibly sized in my experience. Boardman from Halfords too seem ok.
Altura for example
https://www.altura.co.uk/products/womens/clothing/shorts/
https://www.altura.co.uk/products/womens/clothing/tights/

OP
OP
charrando

charrando

Size 12 is petite :laugh: (I’m a 16-18)
It depends on your budget, but Gore, Pearl Izumi, Altura are sensibly sized in my experience. Boardman from Halfords too seem ok
Oo thank you i will have a look. I've been reading reviews and everything i find i like seem to made for women under about 5'5/5'6 - I've got quite a bit of leg to cover:laugh:

vickster

Legendary Member
My wife really likes Altura shorts and tights and she's certainly nothing close to petite, apparently they're sized and shaped well for normal sized (and larger sized) ladies.
I’ve got one pair of Altura knickers, I’m not keen on the gel pad, a bit too much for me, but we’re all different!

Best to find a seller with free delivery and free returns, like Sigma Sports (although avoid their teeny Italian brands like Castelli and Ale!)

I wouldnt bother with cycling tights now unless they’re a bargain (they’ll probably be cheaper in July though), get padded shorts and some unpadded running tights which are much thinner

Julia9054

Guru
I am quite small but am a fan of Endura - love the zip-your-backside-out-for-a-wee feature in their bibs. They do different widths of pad too. Apparently the width of your sit bones doesn’t necessarily correlate with your arse size.
I have quite a few Specialized ones too (mainly because there is a shop near me so I could try them on) but have needed to go up a size to accommodate my chonky cyclist‘s thighs. I like the depth of the leg bands so they don’t dig in

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
Corinne Dennis apparently does a good range of women's cycle clothing in a good range of sizes. https://www.corinnedennis.co.uk/

vickster

Legendary Member
Oo thank you i will have a look. I've been reading reviews and everything i find i like seem to made for women under about 5'5/5'6 - I've got quite a bit of leg to cover:laugh:
I'm your height too, shorts come in different lengths - they normally give a measurement
My Gore ones are longer, Sportful shorter...3/4 length 'knickers' are good for cooler days to keep knees covered (or if you don't want to show your legs as much)

Fiona R

Formerly known as Cranky Knee Girl
I highly recommend Velovixen for their superb customer service. Ring them up and their fit advice for all the female brands they stock is spot on, they won't oversell if you have a budget.

Top Bottom