Women's Tour - "SPOILERS"

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jack smith

Veteran
Some great racing, shame about the poor lass that was way out front but then got lost into the peloton with about 2k to go you could really see her grinding and struggling to keep going, all that effort just to get lost at the back!

BAtoo

Über Member
Hopefully be able to see them Sunday through Gt Fiborough or Rattlesden - but they're missing out the Rattlesden Alps !!!
They have averaged 23-24mph; so under 10mph more than my average around here :blush:

Bromptonaut

Rohan Man
Saw then run through Kislingbury Northants at lunchtime today. One leader. a peloton and a few stragglers mixing it with ordinary traffic after the technical/support cars had passed. Missed hi-lights at 21:00 tonight but recording the repeat at 08:00 tomorrow.

The way in which the Police outriders advanced 'by number' along the route was fascinating to watch. A few from Northants but rest were presumably volunteers from other forces - at least one bike was marked Heddlu/Police.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
I really enjoyed the ITV show...great race but Armitstead went way to early....Vos looking strong...
True enough but she doesn't have that really top sprint speed. It condemns her to striking out early. But she's strong so don't write her off.... Mind, I reckon anyone would be proud to ride against Vos. (I thought Marianne Vos was looking to do the mountain biking thing in the next Olympics, can't she leave the road events to someone else??)

BTW, cyclists, it appears, no longer ''leave'' places, they don't even ''exit'' them. Henceforth, according to the commentator, they ''egress.'' There was me thinking an egress was a female egret.....

Globalti

Legendary Member
One hour of television to watch 27 minutes and 23 seconds of cycling - Mrs Gti timed it.

Hont

Guru
One hour of television to watch 27 minutes and 23 seconds of cycling - Mrs Gti timed it.
That's pretty much par for the course from ITV. I don't mind it so much on flat days where not much happens other than a couple of sprints and a doomed breakaway, it can be nice to have a few interviews and features.

And it's better than Sky's cricket highlights which is mostly grumpy ex-players talking.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Yesterday was worse than ever though; it was well over 15 minutes before we even saw a wheel turning.

U

User169

Vos seemed to enjoy herself..

"Superb atmosphere @thewomenstour; unbelieveble crowds! Hectical bunch sprint in the end & @emmaprocyclist was too strong in last 50m, so 2nd #WT2014"

Chris-H

Über Member
Well I must say today's leg was fantastic, great crowds considering the lousy weather and such an atmosphere, trying to put some pics up but unable to for some reason.

i'm going to the finish on saturday. lack of money means i can't do tomorrow (my day off). a friend on twitter is doing the live text feed and twitter and another is doing race reports. the atmosphere has been incredible, apparently. can't wait to see it.

Top Bottom