Womens TT - Spoiler

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Keith Oates

Janner
Another podium for a British Lady and this time it's Emma Pooley for Silver. She has also done a great Olympics with the assistance she gave to Nicole in the Road Race and now getting a Silver herself.

1. Kirstin Armstrong (USA) 0.34.51
2 Emma Pooley (Great Britain) 0.35.16
3 Karin Thurig (Switzerland) 0.35.50
4 Jeannie Longo-ciprelli (France) 0.35.52
5 Christine Thorburn (USA) 0.35.54
6 Judith Arndt (Germany) 0.35.59
7 Susanne Ljungskog (Sweden) 0.36.20
8 Priska Doppmann (Switzerland) 0.36.27
9 Zulfiya Zabirova (Kazakhstan) 0.36.29
10 Emma Johansson (Sweden) 0.36.33
11 Hanka Kupfernagel (Germany) 0.36.35
12 Tatiana Guderzo (Italy) 0.36.37
13 Linda Melanie Villumsen Serup (Denmark) 0.36.50
14 Marianne Vos (Netherlands) 0.36.57
15 Nicole Cooke (Great Britain) 0.37.14

Cathryn

Legendary Member
I love waking up to another medal! Nice work Emma...she really deserved it after her hard work on Sunday!

Blonde

I literally only saw a few moments of Pooley crossing the line on the news but it didn't look like she used an aero helmet. Did anyone? Are there different rules for the Olympics about what kit can be used?

domtyler

Über Member
They looked to be wearing all the gear to me, I didn't notice that Pooley wasn't wearing one.

It's fascinating that England, one of the most anti-cyclist/anti-cycling countries in the world are actually rather good at it! :ohmy:

Blonde

Good at certain types I think. TTs are popular here as closing roads for races just isn't going to happen (think Tour of Britain... I was there when camper vans and 4x4s were trying to squeeze past the riders on Shap in the Lakes a few years ago). Track riding and closed criteriums are quite popular with kids/parents due to there being no traffic. Of course with the British weather indoor track is always a good option anyway... ;- ) BMX of course is popular here as it can be done in urban setting but doesn't require miles of road and negotiating traffic - plus it looks cool. Hope Shanaze Reade does well!

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
Superb - I expected Armstrong to be on the podium and perhaps Thurig but not Pooley! Another well-planned medal from the whole British Cycling crew.

Skip Madness

Yes , it was an outstanding ride from Pooley. She has already demonstrated that she is a decent time-triallist anyway but the parcours for today's run - almost a mountain time-trial - was the kind of opportunity she will seldom get in races against the clock in the Worlds or Olympics, so credit to her for taking the chance when it presented itself. I think there is every chance she will win a grand tour over the next few years.

domtyler said:
They looked to be wearing all the gear to me, I didn't notice that Pooley wasn't wearing one.

It's fascinating that England, one of the most anti-cyclist/anti-cycling countries in the world are actually rather good at it! ;)

So, remind me who won gold in the women's road race, would you?

Top Bottom