Women's World Cup Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MisterStan

Label Required
Another one from CyclingTips - interview with Longo Borghini - very humble. She's chasing the Fleche Wallone too, although I would think she'll be marked more heavily now. Also interesting to see her comments about Boels and Rabobank not willing to work together and seizing the opportunity; great racing nous.

Buddfox

Veteran
Various comments already in the main Fleche Wallone thread, but seemed like a disappointing day for the Brits...

U

User169

Marianne Vos has written off 2015. Bust a rib in MTB training so is now taking time out to recover.

oldroadman

Veteran
She'll probably be back winning in three weeks then, that's how these cyclists normally work isn't it?
Rib will take time to heal and deep breathing is painful if not possibly damaging while it's not mended, so may be a bit longer than that, what with drop off of form during recovery. But with the Vos ability, a couple of months should see all cylinders firing nicely again.

Dear oh dear oh dear, this is the podium presentation at today's Flanders Diamond Tour, a UCI 1.1 women's race. It didn't go down well as you can imagine!

CHfVhddUAAE7jTI.jpg

fimm

Veteran
I saw this thread under "New Posts" and thought it was about football, and wondered what it was doing in Pro Cycling....

The Couch

Über Member
In the Flemish evening show "Vive le Velo" (talk show about the Tour de France) they made the promise in their first show on Saturday that they would show images of each stage of the Giro Rossa.

On Saturday they only could show (very) little images of the Friday TT, since the images of the Saturday hadn't made it through to Brussels yet.
Yesterday evening, they had the same comment again, that the images - again - hadn't made it through, so he just shared the stage result (top 3) and the new GC leader

If you see that, there are people willing to engage to try to boost (the popularity/knowledge of) women cycling but if you then hear this kind of amateurism
:headshake::headshake:
how hard can it be ...in this modern age... to send the images of the stage through?!

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
I've been following the Giro Rosa but as all the coverage on social media seems to be in Italian, and their website is pants, you have to search around for coverage.

The best sites seems to be the Aussie site Cycling Tips, and Total Womens Cycling
http://cyclingtips.com.au/2015/07/sprinters-shine-giro-rosa-stage-four/
http://totalwomenscycling.com/news/guarnier-retains-pink-jersey-after-giro-rosa-stage-four-52723/

When I say their website is pants, I mean really terrible old unwashed pants. With holes in. You want a link to twitter? Sure. A link to facebook? No problem. Anything else at all? Get lost.

The Couch

Über Member
...Yesterday evening, they had the same comment again, that the images - again - hadn't made it through, so he just shared the stage result (top 3) and the new GC leader
2 episodes further in Vive le Velo and the comment has been the same each time. :banghead:
So instead of expecting the Italian tv to suddenly have a miracle improvement in feeding the images through to Belgian tv, they said they would make an overview/summary of all stages once the Giro Rossa is done.

Top Bottom