Wondering what the 3rd thing will be...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Wades

I'm not saying it's been the weekend from hell or anything so dramatic but after yesterdays chain snapping incident, I decided to take the newly repaired Secteur out to a local 10 mile TT course I've been meaning to have a bash at.

Half way round the 3rd lap the rear tyre blows out. Not sure what did it, could have been glass or a sharp stone. Cue the second phone call of the weekend to my 5th emergency service. Bugger.
angry.gif

Not had anything go wrong when out for ages and have never had to get the misses out to rescue before. And was looking forward to my once a weekish opportunity to commute by bike for a change too which is not out of the window.
angry.gif

Anyway, just thought I'd share my misery! Anyone else had a naffed up couple of rides this weekend?

Attachments

• angry.gif
    angry.gif
    253 bytes · Views: 27

Sheepy1209

Veteran
Went out for a shortish loop this morning, aiming to do the homeward leg along Blackpool seafront using the official off-road cycle path - lovely tailwind, should be quick I thought.

Joined the route at North Pier, continued along Lower Walk, thinking "why are all those men wearing yellow vests?" and "what are all those buses doing here?".

I'd only ridden straight into the middle of 'Bus Driver of the Year 2011' - I didn't see any signs, nobody tried to stop me, but I got some evil looks! I think they'd closed off all the access points from the road, and put marshalls there, but of course didn't think about cyclists.......

No great inconvenience but a tad embarrassing.

Compensated for by the earlier joy of watching a driver in a Vauxhall Astra pull out to pass me and two cyclists ahead of me, only to come to a dead halt in the middle of the road when she realised there was a keep-left bollard in the way. Gave her a little wave as I went past :biggrin:

Top Bottom