Woo hoo; getting excited now!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Brandane

Legendary Member
.....Because in 2 weeks time all this festive bollix will be over. Then I can get on with looking forward to more daylight, better weather, spring, getting back on the bike, holidays, quiet shops, quieter pubs, trains with available seats, car parks with spaces, steady work rather than manic, radio and tv back to normal; in short - normality. :wahhey:

Mo1959

Legendary Member
.....Because in 2 weeks time all this festive bollix will be over. Then I can get on with looking forward to more daylight, better weather, spring, getting back on the bike, holidays, quiet shops, quieter pubs, trains with available seats, car parks with spaces, steady work rather than manic, radio and tv back to normal; in short - normality. :wahhey:
Easter eggs will soon be in the shops! :laugh:

stephec

Legendary Member
Post of the day. :smile:

edindave

Über Member
Bah humbug? Imagine how utterly miserable these dark days would be without the festivities.

At least there's a buzz with it and people are being nice to each other, making contact with friends and relatives.

OP
OP
Brandane

Brandane

Legendary Member
Bah humbug? Imagine how utterly miserable these dark days would be without the festivities.

At least there's a buzz with it and people are being nice to each other, making contact with friends and relatives.
I agree with that - up to a point. Turn the clock back 40 years and Christmas was more as you describe. IMHO it is now a complete greed fest where people are put under far too much pressure to "enjoy themselves" by emptying their bank accounts. Completely OTT and devoid of any of its original meaning.

potsy

Rambler
I am still completely ignoring it and hoping it goes away (Christmas not Brandane) ^_^

edindave

Über Member
I agree with that - up to a point. Turn the clock back 40 years and Christmas was more as you describe. IMHO it is now a complete greed fest where people are put under far too much pressure to "enjoy themselves" by emptying their bank accounts. Completely OTT and devoid of any of its original meaning.

Christmas hasn't changed. You don't have to sign up to Amercian style consumerism; Black Friday, pumpkins instead of turnips etc.

I would have liked to have gone to the CC Ecosse Xmas night out, but other life commitments got in the way.

Top Bottom