Woo Hoo! I passed Bikeability!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Sara_H

Sara_H

Guru
Tinkering is as good as riding.

You just need a (wo)man cave now and you're sorted for fleet maintenance :thumbsup:
I keep looking in my garage in despair thinking "I've got to sort this lot out." Good thing is, I can barely get bikes out without injuring myself. A burglar wouldn't stand a chance!

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Can't do any harm to get a copy to read! How exciting to do cycle leaders course! Are you doing it with Breeze?

Once you're qualified you must organise some CC rides.
I am doing it with Cycle Scotland through the "A better way to work" scheme.
Hope I'm good enough for this :ph34r:

OP
OP
Sara_H

Sara_H

Guru
I am doing it with Cycle Scotland through the "A better way to work" scheme.
Hope I'm good enough for this :ph34r:
Thats fab, Pat. I applied to be a Breeze bike leader, but withdrew as a conscientious objector due to their mandatory helmets for leaders policy. Not that they would have got their moneys worth out of me this year!

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
I'm envious. Australia has nothing like these courses. There are of course bike shops that hold maintenance courses, and bike clubs that hold riding courses, but the UK seems to be more organised about bicycle training.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
I'm envious. Australia has nothing like these courses. There are of course bike shops that hold maintenance courses, and bike clubs that hold riding courses, but the UK seems to be more organised about bicycle training.
I think this is a fairly recent thing. My friend has a 21 year old son, she told me he passed his bikability by reading a booklet, not even had a bike. That was all that was required about 12 years ago.

Top Bottom