(Wooden) design help/advice needed

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

chriswoody

Legendary Member
DF?
Ahh Diamond frame?

I know, it was more a slightly tongue in cheek reply about my own Bamboo bike which is definitely not a recumbent.

Your post was infinitely more useful and on topic, as well as interesting, I do like to see other Bamboo builds.

classic33

Leg End Member
DF?
Ahh Diamond frame?

I know, it was more a slightly tongue in cheek reply about my own Bamboo bike which is definitely not a recumbent.

Your post was infinitely more useful and on topic, as well as interesting, I do like to see other Bamboo builds.
Just to give his colleague something to think about.

You still have that bike?

There's a fair amount of info on materials selection including those plots on properties like stress, youngs modulus. Mike Ashby wrote a few got books on materials selection including good plots on materials suitability. I'm sure there's a few plots giving wood types and their properties.

Wood is quite a good composite but you need the right one for the job as mentioned upthread. However if you haven't got bamboo or spruce then checking these plots out you might find a wood you have or can get is close.

I was visiting my colleague's work area today, and he let me photograph his bike:

2022_04_28_Recumbent_02.jpg

He rides about 40k a day on this. A back brake is currently being sourced...

2022_04_28_Recumbent_01.jpg

The next generation is under construction:

2022_04_28_Recumbent_03.jpg

OP
OP
S

stuckinthemud

Regular
Thankyou, much appreciated! Your colleague is very skilful.

Top Bottom